Question 3 Black screens while gaming GTX 1050Ti

mouse16

Reputable
Oct 2, 2016
Goodmorning,

My problem is that while gaming my GTX1050ti gives 3 black screens or other colors (see images) while i am gaming. My speakers make a weird sound but if i repower my speakers that stops. My drivers are all up to date and i do not have any temp issues, gpu stays at 35-45°C. My LCD screen on my keyboard does still function, only the fraps applet stop working. Also my game crash logs are corrupt
My RIG:
CPU: I7-7700K
RAM: 32GB-3000Mhz Vengeance RGB
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC gtx1050ti
PSU: Corsair HX1200i
MB: Asus Maximus IX Formula
Storage: Samsung 960 Pro m.2 nvme 512Gb, 2x500Gb WD Blue SSD, 2TB WD Black HDD

1zp1XWy.jpg

cILGegu.jpg

View: https://imgur.com/cILGegu

View: https://imgur.com/1zp1XWy

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
For a system with high end specs, that GPU seems unfit for that rig :) Have you tried working with another GPU and ruling out your GTX1050Ti as faulty/failing? You might also want to take the same GPU and drop it into a donor system and see if that reproduces the same issue. Also, you didn't mention what games you've taxed the system with to rule out one or more games being the issue.

How old is the 1200W PSU?

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

mouse16

Reputable
Oct 2, 2016
For a system with high end specs, that GPU seems unfit for that rig :) Have you tried working with another GPU and ruling out your GTX1050Ti as faulty/failing? You might also want to take the same GPU and drop it into a donor system and see if that reproduces the same issue. Also, you didn't mention what games you've taxed the system with to rule out one or more games being the issue.

How old is the 1200W PSU?

The purpose of that system was for an old game that relied heavily on the CPU. The GPU was 1,5 years ago in an 11 year old RIG that ruined quite well and I do not remember the same problem. The 1200W PSU is an HX1200I from corsair and is also 1,5 years old or so. The games that i now mainly play are: Digital Combat Simulator and War Thunder. I stepped away from Microsoft Flight Simulator X because no matter what CPU u throw at it u are never going to get more then 25FPS with addons @100%CPU.

Last edited: