3 Blue Screen of Death Errors. PLEASE HELP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jediarron

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hello guys

My PC Specs are:

Gigabyte GA-D3H-Z77 Motherboard
Gigabyte 2GB GTX 670 Graphics Card
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
Intel i7 3770k processor
Noctua NH-D14 fan
Corsair 650W PSU
Lexa S Case

It turns out, I have had 3 Blue Screen of Death error messages.

I downloaded BlueScreenViewer, to find out what they were.

Here is a screenshot of the 3 error messages (which have occurred recently), and it tells you what driver/address it is being caused by. (click to zoom)

20hrs45.jpg

So they are:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
BAD_POOL_HEADER
SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION

Could anyone tell me what to do in order to resolve this issue?

I really appreciate your time for even reading this, and would be very greatful for your help.

P.S, I custom built my PC, it's about 3 months old at the most.

RussK1

Splendid

What are you using Prime95 for? I already BSOD's... that's a waste of time.

I gave you the .iso... burn the image to disk and boot from it. Go into bios and set boot priority to CD/DVD or during post select boot options and select the CD/DVD drive.

He said he has no way to unzip it. You linked to a zip file. The iso file is in the zip file.

@OP, Keep the ISO burner software. Download a copy of 7-Zip. It can extract normal zip files too.

http://www.7-zip.org/

RussK1

Splendid

No, it has already been extracted (or unzipped) on my end and I uploaded the .ISO (ex: mt420.iso → NOT .zip). All that needs to be done is downloading it, clicking to run and follow the prompt to insert disk to burn the image. It's simple... Try it and you'll see what i'm talking about.

He's doing something wrong...

Ah, ok, I clicked on your first link which just pointed to memtest.org's download which is a .iso.zip file. Your second link is the iso.

jediarron

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hmmm okay guys, I have removed 1 out of 2 of my RAM sticks.

I recently got another SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSoD.

After turning my PC on for about 5 minutes after this BSoD, I got another one with a new message:

irql_not_less_or_equal

And before this I heard 4 printer like sounds (when printing) from my desktop... not sure if it's related or not.

I will see how long/if I crash with a RAM removed, if I don't then it was THAT RAM.

If I do, then my other RAM is located under my HUGE NOCTUA NH-D14 fan, which I actually would have to remove to get to the RAM, so instead I will just reinstall Windows 7, how does that sound?

(I am still having problems with memtest so I came up with this alternative)

jediarron

Honorable
May 7, 2012
On Thu 27/09/2012 16:04:52 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x348, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002F36F3F)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 27/09/2012 16:01:55 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092712-14445-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70040)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FFB0F7, 0xFFFFF8800624AD10, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

jediarron

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Hey, no new hardware.

I installed - FRAPS, BANDICAM for Software, maybe a day or 2 before it started

jediarron

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Consider configuring your system to produce a full memory dump for better analysis.

If the problem is indeed ram (which most likely is) then reinstalling windows will not help you. You need to remedy the ram situation first. Pulling out sticks of ram won't necessarily tell you if that ram is bad. Memtest is a better way. I thnk windows 7 also has a built in memory test. I've never used it, but I hear it's not as thorough as memtest.

RussK1

Splendid

+1

Re-installing Windows is just a waste of time. By the conclusion of Whocrashed it looks as though it is hardware related... RAM needs to be removed. Perhaps remove a fan on the Nuctua?

And yes, Windows does have a memory diagnostic.

jediarron

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hi guys.

I used ISO burned to burn memtest to a blank CD disk, but I restarted my PC, booted from the disk, and it just loaded me up as normal.

When I got back on, opened the Disk (in my computer) and took a screenshot

6za1ax.png

Does this mean that the file isn't on the disk, even though I used ISO burner to put it on the disk? :S

Properties of this file 'that needs to be written to disk' (and is supposed to be memdsk)

11lkfbp.png

Wow, so I just opened the contents of this file ... it's supposed to be memdsk, and this is what's actually inside the 'file'

678768.png

jediarron

Honorable
May 7, 2012
SO I FINALLY INSTALLED IT, looked like I selected a file only within the folder, but I reinstalled it, and ISO burner volunteered to burn it as soon as I installed it, so I did it that way.

I ran it for 1-30-2hours

I let it run twice, and IT had 950,000 Errors and '1' pass.

Is there anyway I can get the results and copy and paste them?

I done the test with both RAM sticks in.

When I turned the PC on, my PC blue screened SERVICE_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION

Then I took the 'assumed faulty RAM' out again, and it's fine again.

Anyway I can copy and paste the results from a record?