Question 3 Brand New Corsair H100i Capellix later...

fiveohnine

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2012
I am stumped. I bought my first H100i on January 1st. I put it together everything seems to be working fine, my temps are good, the LED on the cooler turned on then turned off and stayed off, other than that all is working well if not better. I then
download iCUE my H100i shows up, so the software knows its there, however it says there is a pump failure. I cannot mess with any settings on the H100i as the failure
notification pops up denying me access. I play the following games Dying Light 2, MW2, World of Warcraft etc... Then comes the 10th, I download Escape from Tarkov. Then
comes yesterday the 12th Pump Failure error still on, pump is working just fine temps are good. I boot up Tarkov, as I am in que, I see my temps are at 100c, I exited everything
seen my temps drop back down to normal right before I turn off my pc. I uninstall the H100i take it back to best Best Buy and exchange it for a new one. I will mention I forgot to uninstall the Power Core for the H100i
so I ended up having two (sorry Best Buy) but this is important. Get home, install it, and because I had the old power core still installed I used that one. Same thing everything fine, except it had the pump failure error again
like nothing as changed. So at this point of course I thought the power core was the problem. I power down, swap out the power cores and boot back up. Now I notice
the cooler head LEDs are on and blinking from red to light orange, I thought cool, at least these LEDS are working, the pump again seems to be working just fine, except now I open the icue
software once again, this time its not detecting the cooler at all. I checked my Bluetooth and Other devices says there is an unknown device, obviously because its not detecting it. So I go through
all the steps again, turn off turn on, unplug, re install icue software, all the obvious things. Still not detecting, but also still working and temps are good. So I start playing Tarkov again
MAYBE 5 minutes go by as I am paying attention to my temps, they spike and stay spiked at 100c I listen for the pump, its infact not pumping. I close Tarkov, immediately pump starts and my temp drops.
So then I call Corsair support line, a rep answered and we went through steps of what I have pretty much done already. Except I send him a log file and my sn for the h100i. Waiting on an email back from them,
but the guy was telling me it sounds a lot like a power core problem, once we review the logs we will let you know if anything is wrong etc...So he said it could take up to 2 days for that email. So I just un installed
the H100i once again exchanged it for a 3rd one at best buy this time with EVERY PIECE in the box lol. I get home installed the 3rd new one I have, NOW I have the device showing in iCUE with yet another pump failure, but again, everything is working fine.
I even booted up Tarkov went into a Raid and it didn't even spike in temp this time EVERYTHING is working fine, except I have a Pump Failure warning again. I don't know what it can be.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
There are 2 cables from the PUMP unit of this system. One with many wires plugs into a socket on the Commander Core unit. The other with only 2 wires and a 3-hole connector MUST plug into the mobo CPU_FAN header. The main function of this last cable is to carry the PUMP speed to the CPU_FAN header for monitoring. PLUS, that is where the iCUE system can find the pump speed. If you did NOT connect his cable to that particular header, that explains why there is no pump speed, and you get warnings and poor cooling control.

fiveohnine

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2012
There are 2 cables from the PUMP unit of this system. One with many wires plugs into a socket on the Commander Core unit. The other with only 2 wires and a 3-hole connector MUST plug into the mobo CPU_FAN header. The main function of this last cable is to carry the PUMP speed to the CPU_FAN header for monitoring. PLUS, that is where the iCUE system can find the pump speed. If you did NOT connect his cable to that particular header, that explains why there is no pump speed, and you get warnings and poor cooling control.
Yes, that is plugged in and was plugged in on the previous 2.

fiveohnine

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2012
Yes, that is plugged in and was plugged in on the previous 2.
Also as I have said, everything works fine especially with this 3rd one except the pump failure error message, there is not actual failure with the product. I also should mention I did a force update through iCUE and the pump failure went away. However is just showing and unknown device in iCUE but shows in my computer management as the Commander Core. I and just thoroughly confused. At this point I am either thinking my motherboard has a fault or the iCUE corsair software is <Mod Edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Well, maybe the mobo CPU_FAN header has an error and does not receive the speed signal from the pump. You could test for that. I presume you have case vent fans running and they DO show their speeds, probably in iCUE but maybe at a fan header on the mobo. Pick ONE of those fans and exchange its motor cable for the pump wire at the CPU_FAN header. So you're just swapping the wires from one fan with the pump at those two mobo headers. Boot up and check in BIOS Setup whether there are speed readings at those two headers. Also look in iCUE to see what it says. If those still say there in NO pump speed reading, then the mobo CPU_FAN header has a fault that fails to accept the signal supplied to it. If the FAN header with the pump plugged into it HAS a speed reading, you know the pump unit is working properly.

Last edited: