3 Different BSODs: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaiTriCks

Honorable
May 31, 2014
Hey there. I have been getting STOP error screens, (BSoDs) multiple times over the last month.
I have tried to cure it.

These never happened before, the errors I receive are currently as follows, usually occurring in this order:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

I would really love some assistance on this and I will be posting crash logs afterwards. I am not sure if this is a RAM issue at this point because:

• A Clean installation of Windows 8 upgrade from 7.
  • A System Image backup on Windows 8 when I see them occurring, I throw back.
  • Countless System Restores.
  • Rebuilding Windows components via
    Code:
     dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    &
    Code:
     sfc /scannow
  • Running a Windows Memory Diagnostic with 2 Extensive passes, Windows passed.

Sometimes what I'm doing is watching a video, using my Virtual Machine, or browsing the internet on Google Chrome.

DUMP files to be soon uploaded can be downloaded here:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU A3E83AV
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.29, 10/3/2013
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.17031"
User Name ( Mod Edit )
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 11.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.63 GB
Total Virtual Memory 23.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 21.1 GB
Page File Space 12.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Please help me fix these issues!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
those are all likely related to the Southbridge on your motherboard. I'd go to your [edit]LAPTOP[/edit] manufacturer's webpage and get all the latest "chipset" drivers and "ACHI/RAID" controller drivers you can find. download, install and restart. see if the issue vanishes.

as to how i figured it out...
"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

was the only part of the big thing you posted that really tells you anything. It's telling us something went wrong with a device driver, the page fault can be either hard drive or ram related. Since blue screens only happen for a couple of reasons (bad ram, overheating hardware faulting out, bad/corrupt drivers) and your error message mentions IRQL as well as...
there are 3 main causes of this type of error.
1) bad ram
2) something overheating
3) a faulty device driver

1) you can check for this by pulling all the ram out of your system but 1 stick, then running memtest86+ on your system for a few passes. then pull that stick out, and putting in another stick of ram, and running memtest86 again. Remember, memtest only really works right when testing 1 stick of ram at a time.

2) you can test for this by popping the side of your case off and sticking a room fan in the openning blasting on high. If the problem goes away then something is overheating. you'll have to figure out what~ but once you find the overheating part fixing that problem is typically cheap and simple.

3) this is VERY easy to find, go into your device manager and see if anything is showing up with a yellow "!"

MaiTriCks

Honorable
May 31, 2014

I am not usually computationally challenged. I have already noticed those before, but I had not thought that they may be the source of my issue. How did you figure that out? It was my fault that I didn't give it a second thought. Thank you.

I have 3 faulty device drivers, apparently, and they are all unknown.

bRHJLJh.png

zyCHKnb.png

IPTvNj4.png

WDdZOxr.png

What should I do? Uninstall? Disable? I have no idea whatever these are for.

I saw these before, I didn't think that they are the problem.

those are all likely related to the Southbridge on your motherboard. I'd go to your [edit]LAPTOP[/edit] manufacturer's webpage and get all the latest "chipset" drivers and "ACHI/RAID" controller drivers you can find. download, install and restart. see if the issue vanishes.

as to how i figured it out...
"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

was the only part of the big thing you posted that really tells you anything. It's telling us something went wrong with a device driver, the page fault can be either hard drive or ram related. Since blue screens only happen for a couple of reasons (bad ram, overheating hardware faulting out, bad/corrupt drivers) and your error message mentions IRQL as well as "Page fault" it seemed likely your issue was "ram, driver, faulty hardware", so i simply pointed you toward how to hunt those things down...

it's not magic, just a LOT of experience with this stuff. Now what really would impress you is if i had posted "make sure your motherboard drivers are up to date" like i was tempted to post. But decided not to because i didn't want you looking in "one area" when it could be something else.

Solution

MaiTriCks

Honorable
May 31, 2014

Alright. I just crashed again, this time it was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

I disabled the devices before. Now they are all completely uninstalled. I hope this works. Help Please.

MaiTriCks

Honorable
May 31, 2014

I've updated the BIOS and installed necessary drivers. All other software was really unneeded.

Any other ideas? I'm leaning to buying new RAM sticks. A 8GB set, then a 4GB set. I have 2 slots.

SC2Towelie

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Any update on your situation? I seem to be having the same problem. My computer will randomly crash and I get bluescreens with the same messages. I've updated all drivers, done multiple virus scans, and checked for just about everything I could think of that might be causing this. At this point, I'm thinking the same thing as you - new RAM. Just wondering if that worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.