3 hard drive failures, looking for source

_slid3r_

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
Over the summer I bought a pc from a friend, which he had built. He had removed the hdd from the pc, so, I went and bought a 2 Tb Seagate Barracuda and a copy of Windows 10. I plugged it in, installed the os,and everything went well. After a few days I noticed that Windows was detecting errors on the hdd. I restarted, let it “fix” the errors and figured that was that. However, the moment I started it up again, I received another notification saying that I had errors on my hdd that needed to be repaired. I figured the hdd was bad and got a replacement. I reinstalled the os on the new hard drive and everything appeared to be going well. The next day, upon booting up the pc,the same thing happened . Eventually the pc refused to boot, mentioning that a file in system32 was unrepairable. I contacted Microsoft thinking that I received a corrupted install of windows. They gave me a new copy and I decided to purchase a 2Tb Western Digital Hdd instead. The install took hours to complete, but the pc finally booted up. However, my graphics card(gtx 1060) was no longer being detected by the computer, and later that day, I was recieveing the same errors that I had before, with the same system32 file being corrupted. Is this a problem with my motherboard, my ram, or both? I am currently running Windows memory diagnostics tool and testing my gpu in a friends pc to rule that out as not being broken.
Note: The pc was also running extremely slow, taking a minute or two just to open Google Chrome.
I also had frequent bsods, with the error Critical_process_died.
And others which I unfortunately didn’t record

TRENDING THREADS