Question 3 long beeps and RAM LED flashing after BSOD.

EricVG

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
PC Specs -

MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
4 4gb sticks of Patriot 3000mhz ddr4 RAM (currently only 2 4gb sticks as I write this though. See below please)
GTX 1660 Super
750w corsair power supply

So I was playing a game tonight and suddenly got the dreaded blue screen of death. Fine, that happens on rare occasions. Only this time the PC would not post afterwards and was giving me 3 long beeps. After investigating a bit I noticed that RAM LED on the mobo flashing. I happened to have 2 unused sticks of RAM of the exact same model as the ones in my PC at the time of BSOD. Purchased at the same time as well (I'm aware this is still not a guarantee they would work with the others). So I started testing sticks to see if the PC would post. I believe the main slots on this mobo are 2 and 4. The ONLY time the PC will boot normally is when I have the 2 "new" unused sticks in the 2 and 4 slots and no others. When I try to add any of the old sticks into 1 and 3, I get the 3 long beeps again. I have also tried putting multiple combinations of the old sticks in the 2 and 4 slots leaving 1 and 3 empty. Still get the 3 long beeps when I do that as well. I'm sorry to come to you guys with this but I've reached the limits of my troubleshooting abilities and I'm at a bit of a loss. Could this actually be a mobo issue? Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS