[SOLVED] 3 mobos died and i am super anxious

boostergaming391

Honorable
Dec 29, 2018
[Moderator edit to break up continuous paragraph with long sentences.]

i had my pc everything was going fine until one day i decided to take it upstairs to the second living room which has electricity problems mainly killing TV motherboard after we bought the tv and used it for nearly one year ,and my mom replaced the mobo.

After using the pc on that room plugged with the TV (better quality full hd) one day or two i noticed the pc was acting bit off like the adapter disconnecting and *** [Profanity removed] (i thought maybe cuz router is far away) days later nearly a week or so the pc i think started to recognize only 4gb of ram instead of 6, so i decided to shut it down clean it from dust change rams etc..

and after replacing ram places the 2gb stick worked but the 4gb didnt so i thought the place where you place the ram was damaged and then after turning the pc on it didnt show anything depsite replacing rams again and again
and then it stopped completely from working and took it to the repairer and found out that the mobo is dead.

during that time without my pc i used my dad laptop which has broken battery and needs to have charger plugged in at all time in that upstairs room
and i noticed the mobo is damaged too cuz once i plug mouse keyboard or controller they work for 5 seconds and stop but adapter works

one month later (march) i bought new mobo decided to never take the pc upstairs and stick to my 768p tv and it worked for months and then took it upstairs in june
but only for a day or two took it downstairs again everything was normal took it upstairs again in july for three days ( i know i was risking it)

and then when i placed it downstairs and the laptop charger was plugged in the same room, every controller started acting odd doing random inputs and when i take the laptop charger off (it has no battery need to plug the charger all the time) the random inputs stop

then did the mistake again in september my mobo died WITH THE RAMS TOO and changed the case cuz it used to kill my psu for some reason in may
bought another one and ITS THE LAST ONE but this time i didnt take my pc to that cursed room and my mom was using the laptop (dad laptop)

and it was plugged at all time and sometimes plugged off at night while i was using my pc and also my dad bought UPS for me but didnt use it
woke up one day pc didnt turn on took it to the repairer said the mobo is dead

NOW IMMA UPGRADE TO RYZEN 3 3200G NEW MOTHERBOARD AND DDR4 RAMS and i am worried i may kill it

oh and one more thing my dad*s pc while changing rams with mine i think and the same thing happend first the ram gets damaged and then the whole mobo and he blamed me

i am so stressed about this especially cuz economy and income is **** [Profanity removed] here in algeria

I APOLOGIZE FOR MY ENLGISH

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
can the ups fully protect my pc from any damage? because i am gonna get a new build soon
As said, it depends on the UPS system design but most UPS system have surge protection so it should shield the computer. But an UPS is a bad idea to get if what's needed is surge protection. Most device-level surge protection has a limited life and can only handle so many surges before they pass the next one on through which will damage the UPS system itself. Hopeully your UPS as an indicator to tell you it's sustained enough hits that it's surge protection is exhausted but it's pretty expensive replacing an UPS when it is.

A really good UPS might have replaceable surge devices you can remove and replace periodically...say at the beginning...
can the ups fully protect my pc from any damage? because i am gonna get a new build soon
As said, it depends on the UPS system design but most UPS system have surge protection so it should shield the computer. But an UPS is a bad idea to get if what's needed is surge protection. Most device-level surge protection has a limited life and can only handle so many surges before they pass the next one on through which will damage the UPS system itself. Hopeully your UPS as an indicator to tell you it's sustained enough hits that it's surge protection is exhausted but it's pretty expensive replacing an UPS when it is.

A really good UPS might have replaceable surge devices you can remove and replace periodically...say at the beginning of each thunderstorm season. I don't even know if they make one of those since mfr's are loathe to tell consumers they have to maintain something like that.

If your problem is frequent power line surges then you should find a way to fix that. Your dad could contact your utility and see if there's anything they can do. It may be your house wiring is faulty, something else for your dad to look into. If that's not the issues then he could also have whole-house surge protection system installed that has replaceable surge protection devices. You can then have an electrician come out at the beginning of every thunderstorm season to replace the devices for assured protection. It may seem excessive but your dad may need to know it's not just your computer at risk as televisions, microwaves and all modern u-processor controlled appliances are too.

Last edited:
Reactions: boostergaming391
Solution