3 monitor gaming

jagluiperd007

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
Hi

I hope someone can help me with this.

A while ago I build my first gaming rig and build two more for friends so I learned a lot because last year this time I didn't know anything about computers. But I'm back to learn more...

Ok my problem is I've got a gigabyte gtx 770 gpu which has 1 HDMI ; 2 DVI ; 1 DP and I am trying to set up 3 monitors for gaming. I already have two screens of 20" 1600*900 the one has an hdmi port and vga port and the other has got only one vga port. So what adapters and what 3rd sceen do I need to play games using 3 monitor's? Please keep the price in mind I can't spend much. Oh yeah I'm from South Africa.

I would use DVI-HDMI, no signal conversion needed as they are the same. The cables are cheap and work without having converters. You'd need to use the third screen with the displayport (DP) output. If going from DP to HDMI you need an active adapter as the video signals are not the same as when using a passive cable, it does simply not work.

jagluiperd007

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
Hi, sorry I left out some info, I am currently using an hdmi cabel to run the one monitor(hdmi to hdmi) and the 2nd monitor only has vga port. So should I get a dvi to vga vonverter and a 3rd monitor with a Display port?