[SOLVED] 3 monitor set up help

Dec 5, 2019
I could use some help please. I am wanting to set up 3 27" monitor. I do not know if I can use integrated graphics or need a dedicated graphics card. I am also considering possibly 4k 60hz monitors maybe. I do not know what requirements are need from the pc/graphics card. Do I need a dedicated card? Does it need to have 3 hdmi outs? or can it have one hdmi out and then use a splitter? Forgive me I am not very up on these things. Thanks if any one can help.

Solution
What will these three monitors be used for?
If they will be used for triple screen gaming, then you will need the strongest graphics card you can manage.
That might be s RTX2080ti, particularly if you go to 4k resolution.

OTOH, if you simply want to display many web pages, like in a trading application, then it is much simpler and you can use a relatively low powered graphics card that has the three outputs you need.
For thr 4k resolution option, a displayport connection is what you want. Some 4k monitors will not do 60hz via hdmi.

If you are looking at a trading application, perhaps one or two larger 40" 4k monitors would be better.
Do you already have the three 27" monitors?
If so, what kinds of inputs do they take?
What is the intended use for this setup?

Likely, you need a discrete graphics card to output 4k 60hz.
That will likely to need a displayport connection for each.

Dec 5, 2019
I currently have 3 27" benq HD monitors that I have new in the boxes. I have been thinking that I might upgrade to 3 27" 4k 60hz monitors. Both the 4k and the HD monitors all have HDMI inputs. I am looking to buy a new pc and not sure of what I will need for the graphics or how to connect them honestly

What will these three monitors be used for?
If they will be used for triple screen gaming, then you will need the strongest graphics card you can manage.
That might be s RTX2080ti, particularly if you go to 4k resolution.

OTOH, if you simply want to display many web pages, like in a trading application, then it is much simpler and you can use a relatively low powered graphics card that has the three outputs you need.
For thr 4k resolution option, a displayport connection is what you want. Some 4k monitors will not do 60hz via hdmi.

If you are looking at a trading application, perhaps one or two larger 40" 4k monitors would be better.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS