3 monitor setup with GTX 680 resolution issues?

ngengerous

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
My problem is a little unique. I've got 3 monitors currently plugged into my GTX 680 (I have this card: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX680DC2T2GD5/ ), each of them different. One is a TV, and two are monitors. The TV's max res is 1366x768, and the monitors are 1440x900 and 1680x1050. I've been running the 2 monitors fine, but when I plug in the TV, the 1440x900 monitor can't be set to higher than 1366x768.

I've got 4 display outputs at the back of my card: one HDMI, one DisplayPort, and 2 DVI outputs, one DVI-D and one DVI-I. I usually have one monitor running off the HDMI output, and one off the DVI-I. To plug in the TV, I have to plug the cable into the DVI-D instead. The TV is using a VGA cable with an adapter to plug it into the DVI-I port in my GPU.

Is there any way I can fix this issue, short of buying a new cable? Thanks in advance.

goku1234567890

Distinguished
It is simple the resolution of all monitors are synced to give optimal performance and so that you won't see large icon+ text on one screen and small icons+text on another screen. Are you running Nvidia's surround? Try disabling it from the nvidia control panel and then try increasing the resolution of each monitor separately. See if it helps.