[SOLVED] 3 Monitor Setup

Aug 6, 2020
Hi, I’m having difficulties figuring out how to tackle my new 3-monitor setup best. Here’s the short story:

I’ve recently moved, and my new desk is not deep enough to have my original 3 monitors standing and also having comfortable space for my keyboard and mouse. Therefore, I’ve decided to mount them on the wall. However, there are some problems with my secondary monitors (dead pixels and whatnot), so I consider buying a new ones.

Question is ... should I get an ultra-wide monitor instead of 3 individual ones? I’ve grown accustomed to having 3 individual displays to have gaming (mostly MMOs) on the middle one, then guides on another, Discord/Spotify on the last. And in any case, what kind of mounts can be recommended?

Solution
An ultrawide monitor would be something I'd consider to replace the three you have right now. In fact, if that ultrawide monitor has a VESA mount, you can get a monitor arm or wall mount it to save some desk space. Wiring might be tricky in that(latter) aspect.

You could also have a triple monitor arm setup or have two individual arms for the outlier monitors and have them adjusted to your posture/setup if you wan to stick to a triple monitor layout.

Lutfij

Titan
An ultrawide monitor would be something I'd consider to replace the three you have right now. In fact, if that ultrawide monitor has a VESA mount, you can get a monitor arm or wall mount it to save some desk space. Wiring might be tricky in that(latter) aspect.

You could also have a triple monitor arm setup or have two individual arms for the outlier monitors and have them adjusted to your posture/setup if you wan to stick to a triple monitor layout.

Solution
Aug 6, 2020

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to “artificially” split up an ultra-wide monitor to work as 3 individual monitors, splitting up the screen?