3 monitor seup new pc question

feeldebones

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi All,
i was a gamer a long time ago but things have changed over the last 10 year, Looking to get back into it but not sure where to start, I'm looking for an I5 setup with 3 screen set up. Looking to play driving games (dirt) and COD and assassin creed, Been looking into graphics cards for the last few days but not sure now days if 1 card like a Nvidia GTX 970 will handle 3 screens or do i drop to 2 sli r9 280/280x, looking to play meduim to high performance, Would that handle this setup etc? i don't thousands of pounds to spend but would like a good set up that would beat a xbox/ps4.

Been looking at this kind of set up - https://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/-b-NEW-b-Magma-Wrath-94p2196.htm

Any advice would be grateful so i don't go buying the wrong pc/graphics etc

Cheers

Andy

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
I have no idea how your performance will be, probably not everything in ultra, but the card supports 4 screens.

Also, assemble your own computer instead?I think you can get something better and cheaper if you do.

feeldebones

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Hiya
I have priced up all the components and it seems to work out more expensive unless im looking at the wrong sites etc, what are the average cards to use 3 screen set up for that kind of gaming. either single card or SLI set up? my budget is about £1500 for everything including screens.

Would i need to overclock the CPU etc

ANdy

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
uk.pcpartpicker.com

I think 1500 pounds should get you something very nice. I'll try to build one for you

IMO sli is expensive, power consuming, heat generating and doesn't give a large enough performance boost for those drawbacks to be acceptable. I'd go single card, especially on your budget.

feeldebones

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

Oh right ok, What kind of single card would you suggest?
Are you in the UK as well then?

Andy

feeldebones

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

Hi, Yeah ok but looking for 3 screens really for racing games
What about this

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4zVGt6