[SOLVED] 3 Monitors 1 Desktop 1 Laptop how?

Viperk8b

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hi, I wanted to ask the community if there is any way to hook up 1 Desktop and 1 Laptop to a single docking station or something equivalent to 3 monitors. my idea is the Desktop would run monitors 1 and 2 and the laptop would be assigned to monitor 3 on hookup. I would like it all to run through a single docking station. Thank you in advance.
2v0Cnys.png

Solution
This won't really work this way but close, you will need a triple display KVM attached to the dock and the desktop then the KVM connects to the monitors and keyboard/mouse. But that won't do what you want exactly, this way you will have all 3 monitors on only the laptop or the desktop. If you want to have a screen only on the laptop you will need to connect that display directly to the laptop, then you can swap between the two using the KVM. Keep in mind this won't be simultaneous, you will be swapping control of the keyboard/mouse between the two...
This won't really work this way but close, you will need a triple display KVM attached to the dock and the desktop then the KVM connects to the monitors and keyboard/mouse. But that won't do what you want exactly, this way you will have all 3 monitors on only the laptop or the desktop. If you want to have a screen only on the laptop you will need to connect that display directly to the laptop, then you can swap between the two using the KVM. Keep in mind this won't be simultaneous, you will be swapping control of the keyboard/mouse between the two.

https://www.amazon.com/CKL-Keyboard...t=&hvlocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-811131193802

Solution