[SOLVED] 3 monitors: 2 duplicates and 1 on its own

rhsnipes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
I’m trying to pick out a pc for my church’s sanctuary. We’re planning to have a camera for zoom conference attendees. I’d like to have a set up like this one below:

1 monitor just for camera operation and zoom controls.
1 monitor for getting slideshows ready for display.
1 projector for mirroring just the monitor with slides.
Ive never had a 3 monitor setup. I have no idea if this is simple or hard. Could someone help me?

Solution
there are options within Windows Settings to choose whether you want to extend or duplicate displays.

extend will show the data; applications, open windows, etc that can be slid back & forth across multiple screens.

duplicate does just that; duplicates the main screen across multiple screens that all show the exact same display.

but i do not believe you can use both at the same time.

you may be able to use the extend option and just have separate windows showing in each screen.
or you may need to look into 3rd party software to allow what you are looking to do.
there are options within Windows Settings to choose whether you want to extend or duplicate displays.

extend will show the data; applications, open windows, etc that can be slid back & forth across multiple screens.

duplicate does just that; duplicates the main screen across multiple screens that all show the exact same display.

you may be able to use the extend option and just have separate windows showing in each screen.
or you may need to look into 3rd party software to allow what you are looking to do.

Solution

rhsnipes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
I thought it might not be possible.

I want folks to see slides in place when projector is booted on. I think duplicate is the only way.

I saw a video with display settings allowing for “Duplicate 1 and 3” or “Duplicate 1 and 2”. I’m hoping this will leave the extra display as extended, but I have no way to try it.

rhsnipes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010

You are right. I was able to find this answered in another thread. Apparently macOS can do what I’m wanting. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nitors-2-3-not-the-desktop-monitor-1.3706183/