3 monitors(eyefinity) on radeon 7950

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
ok so i have a radeon hd sapphire 7950 graphics card. I finally got my third screen, as i had been on 2 for a while. the card has the the following outputs; dvi-i,dvi-d, hdmi, and displayport. (dvi's are dual link btw) When i plug in the screens, it only will support 2 of them at once. And i know it can do 4, it's a 3gb card and is made to support up to 4 screens. i read that apparently you have to have one monitor plugged into displayport for this to happen. if this is true, can i just buy a simple displayport to dvi-i converter? or could i just buy a cable like this for like the same price and use it rather than the dvi-i to hdmi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-FT-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-Male-Cord-Cable-for-HP-Alienware-Lenovo-Dell-Laptop-PC-/271246702780?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f279038bc)

thanks in advance

Solution
you can only use 2 normal ports on an ati card and you need to use the displayport for a third monitor but you need a displayport to dvi or hdmi ACTIVE adapter, a cable will not work.

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

i dont understand why i have to use displayport but youre saying i cant just get a displayport to hdmi cable?

Jaxem

Honorable

Correct, you can find these in cable or adapter form, but it does need to be active.

puddingman1192

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

alright thanks this blows i gotta spend like 50$ on a frickin adapter

yeah its bad really the prices, is why i recommend sapphire flex cards to people, support 3 monitors on all 3 ports and a 4th on the displayport.

atleast he does not need a dual link dvi adapter, they are more than double the price.