Question 3-month old NVMe won't boot, not detected in BIOS

Jan 21, 2021
I installed an Inland Premium 512GB NVMe SSD as a boot drive for Windows 10 in a new build three months ago, and it's been working flawlessly. This morning the drive failed to boot, and it's not appearing as a boot option in the Bios. My Seagate HDD is still in the Bios menu.

My motherboard is an ASRock B450M Pro4, and the NVMe is in the first M.2 slot.

I've tried disconnecting the HDD, updating the mobo to the latest Bios, reseating the NVMe, and moving the NVMe to the second M.2 slot. I have not been able to boot from it or even see it in the Bios menu.

Are there additional troubleshooting steps to take? Or is the drive somehow dead already?

All specs:
ASRock B450M Pro4
Ryzen 3600x
16GB G.Skill RAM
Inland Premium 512GB NVMe SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD
650W PowerSpec

Thanks, appreciate any help anyone can offer!

I installed an Inland Premium 512GB NVMe SSD as a boot drive for Windows 10 in a new build three months ago, and it's been working flawlessly. This morning the drive failed to boot, and it's not appearing as a boot option in the Bios. My Seagate HDD is still in the Bios menu.

My motherboard is an ASRock B450M Pro4, and the NVMe is in the first M.2 slot.

I've tried disconnecting the HDD, updating the mobo to the latest Bios, reseating the NVMe, and moving the NVMe to the second M.2 slot. I have not been able to boot from it or even see it in the Bios menu.

Are there additional troubleshooting steps to take? Or is the drive somehow dead already?

All specs:
ASRock B450M Pro4
Ryzen 3600x
16GB G.Skill RAM
Inland Premium 512GB NVMe SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD
650W PowerSpec

Thanks, appreciate any help anyone can offer!
sounds like the ssd had a defect from factory and will need to be replaced

Reactions: Mtop
Jan 21, 2021
you may try to connect it on another motherboard if you have one just for good measures. But i am afraid i have to agree if the drive stop working sudenly it must be a factory defect and you should return it. In any case good luck