[SOLVED] 3 months old build stopped working while gaming

JackieBoiii

Prominent
Jul 30, 2020
Hello everyone,
My 3 months old sistem stopped working last night while gaming,it froze then when i restarted it,it went in a Windows repair loop for 20 minutes and now It starts but sends no signal to the monitor.
Here are the specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450m pro-vdh Max(motherboard)
MSI 1650 Super
1tb WD HDD
240 GB WD SSD
EVGA 600w PSU and Corsair 750w PSU

And here are the things i tried so dar:
-Switched from the old Corsair PSU tot the EVGA new one
-Took RAM,HDD,SSD and Graphics card out and cleaned connectors and placed back
-Took CPU out and chances thermal paste
-Switched HDMI cable just in case,tried monitor on another pc and It works

I'm out of ideas so any new one would be apreciated,also the system starts and the MSI EZ Debug LED sometimes stays on on CPU led(sometimes for 4 seconds sometimes for more),and sometimes the VGA LED lights up insteaf of the CPU one.

Solution
that at least shows the motherboard is alive.
do you have access to another computer for testing out parts?
I would suggest trying the RAM in another board and see if it is recognized there, same with the GPU and the drives.

POST - Power On Self Test - needs CPU, RAM, Motherboard, GPU and keyboard.
reduce the system to the needed parts and diagnose as you go.
get the core parts to pass POST then add each additional part one at a time until you find the one faulty part or the issue preventing POST

Canned Grounding Rant-
shut down system and remove side panel. with the power cable plugged into the PSU touch a bare unpainted metal area of the case. (my favorite spot is an unpainted screw securing the PSU) once you have grounded yourself...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

step 17, any beeps from the speaker?

canned diagnostic speaker rant: speaker making 101
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diagnostic feedback device.
the motherboard may be telling you where the problem is.
my speakers have this plug
http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/graphics/infolib/homelib/hSpeakerSpringClip.jpg
I use lamp wire but any stranded wire will do. literally any stranded wires. strip one end like so
http://www.antiquelampco.com/Shades/CordColors.jpg
attach the stripped end into the speaker spring clips on the speaker.
the other end of the wire should be trimmed like so the semi strip
https://wesbellwireandcable.com/images/cutwire.png
by doing a semi strip the wire case is now the socket.
plug one wire to the first pin, and the second onto the fourth pin.
power on the system and listen for beeps
end canned rant

JackieBoiii

Prominent
Jul 30, 2020

step 17, any beeps from the speaker?

canned diagnostic speaker rant: speaker making 101
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diagnostic feedback device.
the motherboard may be telling you where the problem is.
my speakers have this plug
http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/graphics/infolib/homelib/hSpeakerSpringClip.jpg
I use lamp wire but any stranded wire will do. literally any stranded wires. strip one end like so
http://www.antiquelampco.com/Shades/CordColors.jpg
attach the stripped end into the speaker spring clips on the speaker.
the other end of the wire should be trimmed like so the semi strip
https://wesbellwireandcable.com/images/cutwire.png
by doing a semi strip the wire case is now the socket.
plug one wire to the first pin, and the second onto the fourth pin.
power on the system and listen for beeps
end canned rant
My motherboard comes with a speaker,forgot to mention that i tried that too and It doesn't make any beeping sounds at all when i turn the PC on.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
did it usually give one beep for normal?
try pulling the RAM from the motherboard and try booting, this should trigger the "No RAM" error code. it has been my experience that when you cannot force a beep code, the board has gone.

JackieBoiii

Prominent
Jul 30, 2020
did it usually give one beep for normal?
try pulling the RAM from the motherboard and try booting, this should trigger the "No RAM" error code. it has been my experience that when you cannot force a beep code, the board has gone.
Tried this and It beeps 3 times for memory failure,but when i put the memory back in and turn the system on i get 0 beeps and still getting no signal sent to the monitor.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I would suggest trying the RAM in another board and see if it is recognized there, same with the GPU and the drives.

get the core parts to pass POST then add each additional part one at a time until you find the one faulty part or the issue preventing POST

Canned Grounding Rant-
shut down system and remove side panel. with the power cable plugged into the PSU touch a bare unpainted metal area of the case. (my favorite spot is an unpainted screw securing the PSU) once you have grounded yourself you can unplug the computers power cable from the PSU and can touch the system.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, plug in the cord, reground yourself and unplug again.
end canned rant-

Solution

JackieBoiii

Prominent
Jul 30, 2020

Canned Grounding Rant-
shut down system and remove side panel. with the power cable plugged into the PSU touch a bare unpainted metal area of the case. (my favorite spot is an unpainted screw securing the PSU) once you have grounded yourself you can unplug the computers power cable from the PSU and can touch the system.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, plug in the cord, reground yourself and unplug again.
end canned rant-
Tomorrow i'll get a friends computer to try the GPU and drives on,but he has a Intel DDR3 PC so the RAM and CPU i have no way to try,i'll keep you posted and thank you for the responses and help.