Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2020
First of all, thanks to whoever takes their time to try to help. I appreciate it.

I bought a new PC very recently (roughly 3-4 months) with these specs:

Windows 10 Home (upgraded to Pro) [Build 18363]
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 D (installed the latest firmware/driver)
Processor: Intel i5-9600K @ 3.70 Ghz, 3696 Hz, 6 core
RAM: 16 GB (2x 8 GB)
Graphic: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

History since buying:
It ran perfectly fine in the beginning. I got a BSOD a month or two into using this PC, and then it started to get worse and worse. It all started with Discord just randomly closing and restarting, and then ending in a BSOD (Machine_check_exception). This is still the one BSOD that comes up 90% of the time. Other times its "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". Now, everytime I start my PC, it will end in a BSOD within usually 10 minutes. There are times where I can use it for a few hours, but thats super rare. Play CSGO? It will just randomly close the game. Play Valorant? Just randomly close the game. Chrome? Will just randomly get shut down. A BSOD sometimes follows, sometimes doesnt.
The BSOD have gotten worse and more frequently since I reinstalled Windows for the first time.

What I have tried:
  1. First thing I did was slam Windows 10 on a USB and delete all my partitions so its a super clean install.
  2. Reinstalled Windows 10, again. (First thing I do is install Nvidia Drivers after a Win 10 installation)
  3. Tried updating ALL the drivers with "Driver Booster". Gave me some BSOD's while trying to update some drivers, but at the end of the day I got it done.
  4. Updated my BIOS to the latest version.
  5. I ran sfc /scannow , chkdsk, the tool to check memory (Not memtest, the windows one). Not a single error has been shown in any of these tests.
  6. Opened the case, carefully looked around if any cable, ramstick etc. is not plugged in properly. Everything looks perfect as far as my amateur eyes can tell.

Now I'm here. While posting this thread, I just got another "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" BSOD.
These are some of the past few BSOD minidumps from last night.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm a little tilted right now since I've been spending the past 8 hours on trying to fix it.
If there is anything you need from me, let me know. I'm sorry for any crucial information I might have forgotten.

Solution
Thanks for your input.

I decided to start at the very beginning. I got a new, fresh USB drive, redownloaded a fresh Win 10 .iso and made a bootable drive via RUFUS, and not the Media Creation Tool. I deleted the partitions completly again, reinstalled windows and everything worked fine.

I installed only the driver of Nvidia, and it ran without a problem. This morning, I continued using the PC without a problem for 3 hours and decided to install the windows update. Bam, bluescreens again.

So I googled a little bit, and apparently the windows update
Windows 10 KB4556799
is causing some serious issues to people.

windowslatest Article
Windows Central Article
TheWinCentral

As of now, I've uninstalled the...
First thing i would do is go to gigabyte's webpage and download all the drivers for that board and download the latest drivers for Nvidia and put them on a USB stick.

Second reinstall windows and only use the drivers you downloaded for the manufactures webpages.

Seems to me all your issues started when you used Diver Booster.

install windows
install nvidia drivers
used Driver Booster to update drivers -> started BSOD

Reactions: Nigel Spike
May 18, 2020
Thanks for your input.

I decided to start at the very beginning. I got a new, fresh USB drive, redownloaded a fresh Win 10 .iso and made a bootable drive via RUFUS, and not the Media Creation Tool. I deleted the partitions completly again, reinstalled windows and everything worked fine.

I installed only the driver of Nvidia, and it ran without a problem. This morning, I continued using the PC without a problem for 3 hours and decided to install the windows update. Bam, bluescreens again.

So I googled a little bit, and apparently the windows update
Windows 10 KB4556799
is causing some serious issues to people.

windowslatest Article
Windows Central Article
TheWinCentral

As of now, I've uninstalled the update and havent had a Bluescreen since. Maybe I'm just lucky, maybe not.
I'll report back in the next few days in case anything happens, if not, I'm living a BSOD free life.

//Edit: I dont know if I have to do it, or a mod has to do it, but I consider this solved as of right now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.