[SOLVED] 3 PC, 1 Keyboard + mouse reccomendation?

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
So i was trying to look around for an device that let me connect up to 3 pc's (2 Desktop and 1 laptop to be precise), but i only could find a 2 device 1 keyboard + mouse usb sharing device

anyone knows a 3 pc, 1 keyboard + mouse sharing device?

here is what i mean, but with 3 computers

usb-2.0-schakelaar-4-poorts-schakeling-handmatig.jpg

Solution
What you're looking for is a KVM switch. They usually come in variants that will let you control 2, 4 or 8 computers. 3 is a "weird" number, so if you can find one that does exactly 3, you've hit the jackpot. I think you're stuck with a 4-way KVM switch.

Ryan_354

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
are all the computers on at the same time?
you could Jerry rig a dongle with 3 USB male plugs, 1 female plug with USB hub and (2) 4 way rotary switches. it wouldn't look its best though and it would be pretty sketchy.
here is a prototype example. but there are a lot of issues with this approach.

1) both the rotary switches have to be switched to the same number for the data to be properly sent and received
2)you have to cut power to the usb devices with the normal light switch at the bottom before turning the rotary switches
3)you must have (2) 4 step rotary switches
4)the usb hub must be bought, it has a special controller that keeps everything organized.

if you can buy one, then do it. if you want to experiment and have fun, do it my way.

You'll be able to find them easily when googling. Belkin SOHO 4-Port KVM switch for instance. There's other companies such as Aten, IOGear and StarTech that make such products. Plenty of choice, but you'll have to read up on reviews if you want to make a good guess.