[SOLVED] 3 pin into 4 pin pwm?

Jun 16, 2020
my motherboard (asrock 970 pro3.0 r2.0) has only 3 fan headers with speed control, of which 2 are cpu fan headers, and the only one that is not is a chassis fan 1 header. so, if i were to plug in a 4 pin case fan into cpu_fan 2 (which is a 3 pin with voltage control), and a 3 pin into the 4 pin cha_fan 1 header, would it work? would i be able to control those? also, how do i make a fan curve in speedfan? nothing works.

Solution
my motherboard (asrock 970 pro3.0 r2.0) has only 3 fan headers with speed control, of which 2 are cpu fan headers, and the only one that is not is a chassis fan 1 header. so, if i were to plug in a 4 pin case fan into cpu_fan 2 (which is a 3 pin with voltage control), and a 3 pin into the 4 pin cha_fan 1 header, would it work? would i be able to control those? also, how do i make a fan curve in speedfan? nothing works.
Yes, as long as such headers are set to DC(voltage) control. In your case, fan connected to CPU_FAN2 is going to be controlled by CPU temperature.
Yes, as long as such headers are set to DC(voltage) control. In your case, fan connected to CPU_FAN2 is going to be controlled by CPU temperature.

Solution
Jun 16, 2020
Can I set the 4 pin CHA_FAN1 in DC mode? I've looked everywhere and I couldn't find an option for it, I've also taken a look at the official page for the motherboard and the manual.