3 Pin To 2 Pin

TJL005

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Please Help!

My case power button uses a 2 pin cable but my motherboard doesnt have that it has 3 and 4 pin plugs. I dont know the model of my motherboard or have the manual. It uses ddr2 am2
Thanks

Solution
The 3-4 pin plugs are for the fans. The case power button is plugged in at the very bottom of the motherboard, usually a box with 9 pins, sometimes one with 2x 9 pins. The case LED is also plugged in there.

If you had the manual, you wouldn't have this problem ;) Now the model of the motherboard is always written somewhere on it, try to find it and google the model. You might find a digital copy of the manual online. Or you can try your luck and try out every combination with these 9 pins because I don't know which 2 of the 9 pins you need (that's written in the manual).

fliger5

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
The 3-4 pin plugs are for the fans. The case power button is plugged in at the very bottom of the motherboard, usually a box with 9 pins, sometimes one with 2x 9 pins. The case LED is also plugged in there.

If you had the manual, you wouldn't have this problem ;) Now the model of the motherboard is always written somewhere on it, try to find it and google the model. You might find a digital copy of the manual online. Or you can try your luck and try out every combination with these 9 pins because I don't know which 2 of the 9 pins you need (that's written in the manual).

Solution