Sep 22, 2019
Hi guys, for a while now my PC has been getting random restarts at random times for no particular reason it seems. It will restart when I'm playing a game or when I'm just on the desktop. It will come up with 3 post lights but still launch. The three lights are CPU, DRAM, and VGA.
My build is as follows:
CPU: ryzen 5 1600
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti FTW
MB: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
PSU: EVGA 450 B3
RAM: 16gb Gskill Ripjaws ddr4 3200
Drives: WDblue 120gb SSD, WD HD 1tb

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/how-do-i-fix-computer-keeps-restarting/ I have done most everything on this list that was relevant to the situation I'm in.

If anyone has any suggestions of what to do to prevent these restarts that would be amazing! Thanks in advance.

Solution
You might want to source/borrow a PSU made of reliable quality from a friend or neighbor and see if the system exhibits the same issue with a donor PSU. An abrupt reboot while taxed or when idle can be the PSU and often times lack of power to some/all components can get flagged with error LED's. Are you on the latest BIOS update(sans Ryzen 3000 support)?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to source/borrow a PSU made of reliable quality from a friend or neighbor and see if the system exhibits the same issue with a donor PSU. An abrupt reboot while taxed or when idle can be the PSU and often times lack of power to some/all components can get flagged with error LED's. Are you on the latest BIOS update(sans Ryzen 3000 support)?

Solution