[SOLVED] 3 quantity x 8GB DDR4 Ram ?

Jun 9, 2020
There are 4 slots on mobo. If i get 3 qty 8GB ram, What is performance?

2x8GB is enough but i will get render and virtualization same time. I guess I need more ram for virtualization? But Should i lost any performance in games or rendering?

Ram is Adata AX4U300038G16ASR41. (Is it compatible?)

I will be use Ryzen 5 3600 and TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING..

Thank you.

Solution
If it works, Do i encounter any problem in the future? (used frequently)
At least When i get 4rd same ram!
You might encounter problems. It is recommended not to mix RAM bought separately and to buy a single matched kit. It might work ok, you might encounter stability problems, the RAM may only be stable at slower speeds and looser timings or the system may not even boot. There is no guaranteed answer.

Take a look at odd man out section https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/
Memory should be always be installed in pairs on a dual-channel motherboard. Running with a 3rd stick of RAM will force single-channel mode and possible lower RAM speed and timings. I wouldn't do it.

If you haven't yet purchased the RAM, go for 2x16GB of compatible RAM instead of 2x8GB. (the other option would be 4x8GB)

Jun 9, 2020
I have questions your reply :)

In my friens pc show dual channel with 3 stick and
3rd stick will decrase to dual channel? or 3rd own lower profermance? (and How can i test performance?)

I can get same 4rd stick ram next time? Or I refund and can i get 16 gb and after 16 gb also?
Shortly, Does 4 x 8GB RAM work 2xdual channel? 4x8gb or 2x16 is same performance?

Thank you

Jun 9, 2020
3 sticks can run in a hybrid mode. So 8+8 in dual and 8 in single. Another issue is mixing RAM not bought as a matched kit does have a risk of issues. Often it works but if it does not then you have to accept it wasn’t guaranteed to work.

You might encounter problems. It is recommended not to mix RAM bought separately and to buy a single matched kit. It might work ok, you might encounter stability problems, the RAM may only be stable at slower speeds and looser timings or the system may not even boot. There is no guaranteed answer.

Take a look at odd man out section https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

Solution
Jun 9, 2020

I understand, thank you.

Allright, I will get 4rd stick, Do u advice me, It will be 4x 8GB 3000mhz. I guess It works stable?