Question 3 speed fan speed pulled off .help

Mar 22, 2020
The fans in the case I'm building a new pc has fans with tiny switches marked LMH. One of these switches got pulled of the short length of wire that comes out the fan (besides the power plug) There are three wires : Black, Yellow, Red. I can't get the switch back on but does anyone know what wire goes to what for each speed......and if it's just simple changeover switch, which is common ? help appreciated..

Mar 22, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion Titan...There are only two wires on the power input (Molex, R+Bl.) which presumably is 5v. Then there's the R,Bl,Yel wires to the tiny switch. Unless there are electronics in the fan there can't be any 12v available. If there is electronics in it, pwm may be what's happening.
I have managed to open the switch "case" and there's a mini slider switch inside .I will test today to see if it is a c/o switch or something else..I'll be back..

Mar 22, 2020
It's not a simple c'o switch..if I call the three terminals a,b,c, as slid thru L,M,H
at low speed: all open cct
at M speed: a > b
at H speed : a > c.
As I still have no clue as to which of the 3 wires pulled off which terminal, in this case it doesn't matter because low speed will be quite OK. So I can leave the switch disconnected. It is presumably SWM control.