3 way, 2 way, 1 way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I'd say GTX 460, overclock it, and then add another one latter. Two 450s would typically be a little faster than a single 460 though but when you want to upgrade you would have to replace both cards rather than just adding a second one. As for the 520 it can't do 3-way SLI. I don't even know that it can do 2-way sli.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
On raw performance 2x gts450 would be best, but there are cons to having a multicard setup, more heat, power consumption, microstuttering, and not all games support CF/SLI, it's always best to buy the best single graphics card you can afford.

For a little more than the price of 2 gts450's you can get a 6950, which beats the gtx460 and 2 450's and use less power. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125385

I'd say GTX 460, overclock it, and then add another one latter. Two 450s would typically be a little faster than a single 460 though but when you want to upgrade you would have to replace both cards rather than just adding a second one. As for the 520 it can't do 3-way SLI. I don't even know that it can do 2-way sli.

Solution

cuecuemore

Distinguished
The first "option" you list is not even an option. You can't even 2-way SLI those, ay nothing of three-way. If you could run those in three-way SLI, it would perform horribly, worse than either of the other two. Unless you're running at 1024x768, I'd recommend getting the strongest single cards you can, see previous posts for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.