3 way sli issue Rampage IV Extreme Edition and 3x 780ti - middle card not enabled in Nvidia control panel!

TheBorgli

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Hi.

I am having trouble connecting 2x MSI 780 ti and 1x ASUS 780 ti in three way SLI.
I have them daisy chained because of the MSI's stupid cooler design. I connected card 1-2. 2-3 and 1-3 together.

However, in Nvidia control panel when I activate SLI, only cards 1 and 3 are enabled. (the ASUS being the 1st and MSI the 3rd, so there is no comparability issue) There is also a little exclamation mark inside a triangle telling me: "For optimal 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics cards with an SLI connector."

I am guessing that the problem lies with the second PCI-e lane, but the MB is 4 way SLI ready...

Specs:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition
Intel 4930K @ 4.5ghz
16gb of Corasir Vengance 1600mhz
1000w HX powersupply

Any advice is appreciated!

- TheBorgli

Illuminations

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
Does the cards have the same amount of VRAM and the same bus lenght?
If so, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if it's different, then SLI will not work.

If the cards basically are identical, try swapping them around, change SLI-bridges or look for any visual damage.
Or just run one card in the very slot you suspect might be faulty.

Good Luck!
Axel.

TheBorgli

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
They are identical, I can run the ASUS and the MSI card in 2 way sli.
I tied to only connect the 1st and 2nd card and I had no SLI, so it seams like there is an issue with the second x8 lane. I just find it strange that is shows up and that I can use it as a Physx card...

Illuminations

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
Well, as I said, try using only one card in the suspiciously faulty PCI-lane and see if the same issues occur.
The fact that it shows up though; Is indeed strange.
Have you changed anything in BIOS? Or see if you can find anything that isn't correct in there.

Good Luck!
Axel.