[SOLVED] 3 x box fresh Intel 4560 will not boot

Jan 22, 2021
Hi everyone! For the first time I've come across a computer problem I have no idea how to solve. I am currently building a PC with an Intel G4560 (LGA 1151) processor and Asus B250 Mining Expert motherboard and Corsair ax 1600i PSU. Everytime I try to boot, the PSU fan and CPU fan start spinning, but shuts down after approx 3 sec. Then noting happens. I've changed every part of the system. This is the troubleshooting I've done so far:
  • Changed motherboard to Asrock h110 pro btc+ (same thing happens here).
  • Tried two other PSUs (Corsair RM 650x and Corsair RM1000x). These are confirmed to work in other computers.
  • Changed RAM
  • Reset CMOS (also taken out the battery)
  • Tried in total 3 box fresh CPUs (2x G4560 and 1x G4400) all failing to boot
  • Tried to put the CPUs in a computer I know work (motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero). Same thing happens here (no boot), but when I connect the Intel 9900K to this computer it boots as normal.
The computer shuts down before post beeps, so I get no message or error code to follow.

Can you help me with this problem? As I've said, this is the first time I've come across a problem like this, and have no solution.

Solution
Any mainboard (300 series) that worked/works for the 9900K is absolutely a waste of time /incompatible in testing with a G4560 or 4400.

The B250 or H110 boards should hypothetically work however, barring any other difficulties (BIOS revisions are of concern , as G4560 came out in 2017, and, both mainboards might need certain BIOS revisions to function), and, assuming the CPUs and mainboards are good. Alas, perhaps the 4400 is just bad?

Drop to just one RAM stick, testing each alternately...; clear CMOS....

You do have CPU fan headers connected, and correct ATX12V CPU power connected with correct cable for specific PSU, assuming using modular PSUs? (modular cables not interchangeable)

All we know so far is neither board works with...
Any mainboard (300 series) that worked/works for the 9900K is absolutely a waste of time /incompatible in testing with a G4560 or 4400.

The B250 or H110 boards should hypothetically work however, barring any other difficulties (BIOS revisions are of concern , as G4560 came out in 2017, and, both mainboards might need certain BIOS revisions to function), and, assuming the CPUs and mainboards are good. Alas, perhaps the 4400 is just bad?

Drop to just one RAM stick, testing each alternately...; clear CMOS....

You do have CPU fan headers connected, and correct ATX12V CPU power connected with correct cable for specific PSU, assuming using modular PSUs? (modular cables not interchangeable)

All we know so far is neither board works with either CPU currently. A single known good 6th gen CPU such as an i3-6100, i5-6400, etc., would go a long way in helping figure out what is/might be bad...

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 22, 2021
Any mainboard (300 series) that worked/work for the 9900K is absolutely a waste of time /incompatible in testing with a G4560 or 4400.

The B250 or H110 boards should hypothetically work however, barring any other difficulties (G4560 came out in 2017, and, both mainboards might need certain BIOS revisions to function), and, assuming the CPUs and mainboards are good. Alas, perhaps the 4400 is just bad.

You do have CPU fan headers connected, and ATX12V CPU power connected with correct cable for specific PSU, assuming using modular PSUs?

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, the CPU fan header is connect, as well as the CPU power cable. I only use the cables that came with the PSU.
In case I need to update the bios, how do I do that, if I cannot start the computer? Should I try the 9900K in the B250?