[SOLVED] $30 Air Cooler VS $47 water cooler

Jun 23, 2019
So, my PC is using Ryzen 3 2200G, i've used it for doing programming works and some gaming, i didn't use any VGA since i built it. When i play some game such dota2 / paladin / etc, i usually OC it little (arround 3,8Ghz for cpu and 1500Mhz Gfx), i won't push it harder cuz i feel i don't need it. But my pc usually run for 15 hours/day, i only turned it off when i go to sleep, and i decided to buy after market cooler
So which cooler is better for daily OC (only while gaming)
DeepCool Gammaxx GT RGB (it cost arround $30)
Or
DeepCool Gammax L120 RGB liquid cooler (it cost arround $47)

Is that safe to using watercooler with 400W psu 80+bronze?

Or any other good options? I have budget $50, no more cuz i need to upgrade other part

Jun 23, 2019
Well, thx for your suggestion, but i think that double size cooler won't fit with my board, cuz my MSI B350M pro VDH has small space between socket and ram. Even installing my stock cooler is a bit harder. So i will find another $50 cooler with many heatpipes.
i may prefer to coolermaster brand, but is deepcool brand so bad?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Well, thx for your suggestion, but i think that double size cooler won't fit with my board, cuz my MSI B350M pro VDH has small space between socket and ram. Even installing my stock cooler is a bit harder. So i will find another $50 cooler with many heatpipes.
i may prefer to coolermaster brand, but is deepcool brand so bad?
Not at all. In fact, the link I provided was for a Deepcool cooler.
They are fine.

But there's other options out there for sure.

If you think clearance is going to be a huge issue, but want proper cooling, can look into the more reasonably sized coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO, or a Cryorig H7 or the like.

If you spend another $10 retail, you can get this AiO which would be competent enough, but only assuming your case has the ability to suport the 240mm.
Also, if you take advantage of the mail in rebate, you can get $10 back.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...lw_d24m_a20pc_r1_masterliquid_ml240l_rgb.html

If all you can support is a 120mm AiO, then this one would be all I recommend on the budget end.
It's not all that great, and honestly, you could probably get better cooling from the beefier $50 air cooler, but if clearance is a big enough issue on your motherboard, and all your case can support is a 120mm AiO, then perhaps this is the option for you.
https://www.newegg.com/cooler-maste...system/p/N82E16835103236?Item=N82E16835103236