Discussion 30 FPS feels like 15 FPS??

sickR

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Hello, i've opened a thread like this 5 years ago and still today i experience the same thing. I've bought a completely new PC, a new monitor, everything, and still happens the same. When i watch videos recorded at 30 FPS they look good, or when i record it. But when i play games, 40 FPS feels 25, and 30 like 15.

When using GeForce NOW it happens the same, even it's not my pc, it's just a streaming service.

Here's a video recorded at 30 ~30 FPS with motion blur disabled. As i said, in the video looks better but in my point of view when playing it looks sooo worse.

https://streamable.com/hotd9

PC SPECS:
quadro p5000
intel xeon e5 2667 v3 @ 3.20ghz
3x4 @ 2133 DDR4

Last edited:

sickR

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
You can't compare watching a tv frame rate compared to playing games, that's not really how it works.
I know how 30 FPS should look, it didn't happen in my first pc. It's just happening in the last 2 ones, and as you can see in the video it doesn't look like 30-35 FPS, so something doesnt work well on my end. And trust me, it looks WAY more laggy in my screen while i play, it looks a bit better after i record the video.

Hello, i've opened a thread like this 5 years ago and still today i experience the same thing. I've bought a completely new PC, a new monitor, everything, and still happens the same. When i watch videos recorded at 30 FPS they look good, or when i record it. But when i play games, 40 FPS feels 25, and 30 like 15.

When using GeForce NOW it happens the same, even it's not my pc, it's just a streaming service.

Here's a video recorded at 30 ~30 FPS with motion blur disabled. As i said, in the video looks better but in my point of view when playing it looks sooo worse.

https://streamable.com/hotd9

PC SPECS:
quadro p5000
intel xeon e5 2667 v3 @ 3.20ghz
3x4 @ 2133 DDR4

Well the Quadro isn't a gaming GPU, they suck for gaming.

They are workstation cards so it's no surprise.

Those low framerates in gaming aren't playable on PC.

You need a better graphics card, a gaming card that can push at least 60 FPS.

sickR

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
30fps in a game looks terrible on a PC
not so bad on a Console
30fps in video looks fine
Solution - get a gpu that can push 60fps - your monitor is set at 60hz probably and doesn't like low speed 30fps gaming, will look terrible as you see
hmm i dont think so tbh.. as i said in the op, i can watch a youtube video uploaded and viewed at 30 fps with no problems, but when i play at 30 fps its like playing at 10-15 FPS, in my first pc didnt happened this

sickR

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Watch the language
If it can't push 60 FPS in the game at the current settings it won't be good.
sure, do u think i will buy a 2080 ti just for playing at 60 fps and resolve this problem? there are A LOT of people who plays at less than 60, in my case, I CANT because it feels like 15, Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

sickR

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Jankerson - I gave up on this child, he/she is not worth talking to, he/she knows best.
I suggest you do the same especially when he said you speak BS
Some people just can't be helped because they refuse to listen and learn
can you tell me what has to do buying a new gpu for getting 60 fps here? maybe you are both blind, read the op again, I DONT CARE ABOUT MY GPU

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
FPS while you're playing is always going to look worse than the same FPS when you're simply watching something. You're directly interacting when you're playing and you're getting specific feedback from your actions. Why you're only getting 30 FPS at all is the larger issue.

I CANT because it feels like 15, if u have something to contribute okay, if not dont reply bullshit then

You're treading right on the line here. Please treat other posters with the courtesy you would expect in return, even if you think a specific reply is incorrect.

sickR

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
You can record/stream at 30 FPS then have your gameplay higher. I would suggest lowering graphic settings & possibly the resolution until you get the desired smooth gameplay.
yes but i think there's something wrong with my pc, just watch the video, do you really think that looks like 30 fps?