30+mbps download speed 12-14 upload and an A on the ping test, slow connection

wyattpv13

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Ever since my ISP put in a new modem my internet has been slow/laggy, especially noticeable in online gaming on my ps3. I'm with cox cable, I originally had a linksys router with I think a motorola modem and my internet was smooth and performing how it should be. One day a while ago we had a guy come out to look at the tv and decided to have him look at the modem/router because they were getting old and he put it this new phone/internet modem/router in one. Since then I cant figure out whats wrong with my connection. I've called multiple times, they say nothing is wrong with it. I had a guy come out and look at it and had him put in a normal modem and got another linksys router myself, which I think made it kinda better because it isnt disconnecting me like it was before with just the modem/router in 1. I'm pretty darn sure it isnt just with my connection on my ps3 because my laptop is slow too, its just less noticeable because I'm mainly loading web pages. It's most noticeable with like live stream things, like skype calls will say to slow for good connection and if I have mlb.tv open with other things it will slow down. It's like it can't handle it when more things are going on. In my game, when more things start happening it will lag and slow down. When the game starts its usually ok, but as the game goes on, it gets worse and worse until its so frustrating its unplayable. I can handle it on my computer, but I just want to be able to play online on my ps3 again. Like I said I've called the cable company multiple times, they say nothings wrong. I thought it might be the splitter/cable in the room its in, got the splitter replaced and tried it in another room, didnt fix it. Tried forwarding the ports on my ps3 with the instructions on port forwarding.com and setting up a static IP ( pretty sure I did that if that is setting things manually i protocol 8 and setting it manually on the ps3), didnt fix it. I tried this program called rogue killer and power cycling everything, didnt fix it. I think thats all I've tried, someone did tell me I need to sign into my modem and forward/change something with the IP on there too, but i dont know how or if I can do that, but if I can I'll call cox and try tomorrow. I also have a password on my router and only my laptop and ps3 connected. I've been trying to fix it for a month and I just dont know whats wrong and dont really know what to do anymore, so if anyone had any more ideas I would really appreciate it, thanks. This is when it's wired in by the way. It won't let me post links for the models of my modems, but the on I have now says DPQ3212 DOCSIS 3.0 EMTA on the back and the one I had that started the problem looks the exact same, just a router too, and my router now http://store.linksys.com/Routers/Linksys-E1200-WirelessN-Router_stcVVproductId129966524VVcatId551966VVviewprod.htm.