30 minute boot time and super laggy after new video card and Windows reset

infectedp0tato

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I reset my dad's old PC and put in a gtx 950 and a x3450 in the place of an i3 530. When I booted it up, it took 30 minutes to get me to the desktop. After that everything was slow and took many minutes to open. The mouse stutters and the keyboard doesn't respond quickly. I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue but I have no clue how to fix it as even an ethernet connection doesn't work and I have no discs. It's a prebuilt HP Pavilion p6330f. I tried installing the nvidia drivers via USB but it didn't work and I have no clue how to get drivers for my motherboard and I don't know where to look. If you can please find the mobo drivers I will love you forever. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Solution
Replace things as they were so the system is working.
What is the power supply brand and model? Once the system is back working, check for updated BIOS and drivers on HP's support site. Once it's updated, install the parts one at a time and see how the system runs. If it's still slow, install Windows clean with the new CPU and video card in the system, install drivers, see how it runs. It may also be a hard-drive issue, if it's an old hard drive, replace that also.
Replace things as they were so the system is working.
What is the power supply brand and model? Once the system is back working, check for updated BIOS and drivers on HP's support site. Once it's updated, install the parts one at a time and see how the system runs. If it's still slow, install Windows clean with the new CPU and video card in the system, install drivers, see how it runs. It may also be a hard-drive issue, if it's an old hard drive, replace that also.

Solution