[SOLVED] 300-350 pc for work with integrated gpu

Nov 7, 2020
I was looking for a build with integrated gpu.. does intel or amd have better options? I'm completely unaware of which cpu i should choose. Only need it for browsing office etc.. not gaming for now, but i might want to pair it with a pretty good gpu in the future for playing at 1080p 60 fps.
I guess my question is: is it better to buy a cpu with integrated gpu, or a "normal" intel cpu (using its hd graphic as gpu) for this budget, also considering a possible upgrade with a dedicated gpu in the future?
If i for example spend 150 on a normal cpu and 150 on a cpu with integrated gpu (like ryzen 5 3400g) wich one is going to perform better when paired with a dedicated gpu?

Have any build suggestions?
Thanks!

Solution
If you plan on upgrading to dedicated gpu in the future, intel would be better.
The ryzen 5 3400g and ryzen 3 3200g actually are not ryzen 3000 (zen 2), but ryzen 2000 (zen+) based, making them quite slow as actual cpus, even though they have really good onboard graphics.

Intel has very mediocre onboard gpus, that can't really run games, but all their cpus are up to date and are quite fast.
so you can have an i3 10300 then add a gpu in the future for a competent budget gaming build.

FYI intel cpus with an F don't have integrated gpus.
P.S
Intel will release 11th gen in Q1 2021, and those will have their new Xe graphics, which should be better than vega 11.
The ryzen 5 3400g and ryzen 3 3200g actually are not ryzen 3000 (zen 2), but ryzen 2000 (zen+) based, making them quite slow as actual cpus, even though they have really good onboard graphics.

Intel has very mediocre onboard gpus, that can't really run games, but all their cpus are up to date and are quite fast.
so you can have an i3 10300 then add a gpu in the future for a competent budget gaming build.

P.S
Intel will release 11th gen in Q1 2021, and those will have their new Xe graphics, which should be better than vega 11.

Reactions: Myke00
Solution
Nov 7, 2020

P.S
Ty for the reply, so yeah i3 10100/300 should be the best choice i guess. Didn't even know 10th generation came out already ahaha, ill try to find a good build with it and let u know what its gonna be

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
For that price range you may be looking at prebuilt or even refurbished prebuilt for best bang for the buck.

Windows 10 costs $100, That leaves very little for everything else. Even if you don't need to buy it you have very little to play with. Right now with black friday approaching there will be a lot of sales so keep an eye out.

For that price range you may be looking at prebuilt or even refurbished prebuilt for best bang for the buck.

Windows 10 costs $100, That leaves very little for everything else. Even if you don't need to buy it you have very little to play with. Right now with black friday approaching there will be a lot of sales so keep an eye out.
I believe he is not buying windows, or excluding it from the price.

TRENDING THREADS