[SOLVED] $300 Upgrade/Rebuild

Dec 22, 2019
OK so I pretty much need to build from scratch on a $300 budget. I replaced my psu months ago(Corsair 550w 80+ gold) and a few months later I suspected my cpu (Core i7 2600k) died based on the boot code displayed on the mobo. Bought a new Core i5 3470 of Amazon but the boot code persisted so surely it's the motherboard (GA-Z77X-UD3H). I need a new monitor(24 inch curved preferred) and new case for my hdds (4x3.5) and ssd(2.5 or 3.5 with adapter). And my gpu which is a MSI R7770. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: mostly going to be used as a media server and some programming. Any gaming would be so light the on board gpu could probably handle it tbh.

Solution
OK so I pretty much need to build from scratch on a $300 budget. I replaced my psu months ago(Corsair 550w 80+ gold) and a few months later I suspected my cpu (Core i7 2600k) died based on the boot code displayed on the mobo. Bought a new Core i5 3470 of Amazon but the boot code persisted so surely it's the motherboard (GA-Z77X-UD3H). I need a new monitor(24 inch curved preferred) and new case for my hdds (4x3.5) and ssd(2.5 or 3.5 with adapter). And my gpu which is a MSI R7770. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: mostly going to be used as a media server and some programming. Any gaming would be so light the on board gpu could probably handle it tbh.

You won't be able to replace a system including a monitor and case for...

You won't be able to replace a system including a monitor and case for $300 unless you get some low end stuff or buy used parts. You can just replace the motherboard since you already have that i5 you bought.

Solution
Dec 22, 2019
What's the boot code?

How many TB worth of HDDs do you have?

Any size restrictions for the case? (Does it need to be compact for use in the living room?

Are you in the USA?
Let me dig around and see if I can find it somewhere. The computer went in the closest for the time being

I have 1 ssd that's a 2.5 and 4x3. 5" hdds.

As for size, looking for something smaller then the Thermaltake Mozart TX case which was a monster case!