Build Advice $3000 Gaming Build

Jun 14, 2019
Approximate Purchase Date: Next month July

Budget Range: $3000 USD

System Usage: Gaming only

Are you buying a monitor: No
Just bought the Acer X34P last week

OS: I have the Microsoft 10 disc from my last build so I plan to use that again. Not sure if the code will work since I’ve used it on my last build few years ago. Plus I need to find the disc.

Preferred Website: any really but will probably be Newegg, amazon or possibly my local micro center

Parts Preferences: I like intel for the chip and Nvidia for my GPUs the rest no preference

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: Acer X34P ultrawide 3440x1440

Additional Comments: This is a gaming pc only. I play COD, Fallout, GTA and the likes of. Currently playing metro exodus and am waiting patiently for Halo MCC for pc to come out

And Most Importantly, Why I’m Upgrading: Well it’s about that time. My rig right now is a i5-6600k with a gtx 1060 6gb GPU, 8 gb of ram, 500gb ssd on a MSI gaming board. It’s out of date and just can’t keep up especially with the new monitor I have.

I really want a i9-9900k intel chip and a RTX 2080ti 11gb gpu, 16gb of ram and 1TB ssd.

So I wanted to ask and see what others would build using $3000 and the above mentioned chip and gpu.

Here’s what I put together real quick from parts picker.

Intel i9-9900k cpu

Corsair H100i Pro liquid cooler

MSI RTX2080ti gaming x trio gpu

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC motherboard

G skills trident Z RGB 16gb DDR4 3200 for the ram

Samsung Evo 860 1 TB ssd

Corsair 780T ATX full tower case

EVGA supernova G3 750w 80+ ATX power supply

Asus 24F1ST optical drive

That’s just what I’ve put together real quick. So what would you all do with the money?