[SOLVED] 3000MHz memory on I9-11900KF? Will it work temporarily ?

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Hi all, I'm having a custom build made by company. To make a long story short, I have my own 32GB (16x2) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz.
Now, because I had to choose a RAM for the company to work with to build my PC, I chose a very cheap CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GB DDR4-3000MHz MEMORY.
I'm using I9-11900KF on MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX ARGB WIFI ..
My question is, will the building company have a problem using that (TEMPORARY) RAM I chose to build and install my system? using the 3000MHz on on that motherboard and CPU temporarily ?
I'm guessing if there was an issue, the company website or team would have mentioned there would be a conflict here, and they didn't. Just wanted to make sure with you guys here.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, changing the 8GB RAM stick to the 32GB ones I have should be very simple (unplug old, plug new) and done, right?

Solution
I think most likely....if they have a problem...they will keep trying sticks until they don't have a problem....which is a benefit of working for a company that builds computers.

(I think they will probably get it to work)

"Also, if I'm not mistaken, changing the 8GB RAM stick to the 32GB ones I have should be very simple (unplug old, plug new) and done, right? "
Yes...and make sure they're in the right slots
I think most likely....if they have a problem...they will keep trying sticks until they don't have a problem....which is a benefit of working for a company that builds computers.

(I think they will probably get it to work)

"Also, if I'm not mistaken, changing the 8GB RAM stick to the 32GB ones I have should be very simple (unplug old, plug new) and done, right? "
Yes...and make sure they're in the right slots

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3000MHz may or may not work, it depends on the bios. It's an oddball number and some bios don't have the ram tables for it. Meaning setting xmp or manual settings won't work. However, 2933MHz is universal, as is 3200MHz, so you would have to set xmp then change ram speed to one of those 2 speeds, no worries.

Or it might work right out of the box with 3000MHz, no exact telling.

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
3000MHz may or may not work, it depends on the bios. It's an oddball number and some bios don't have the ram tables for it. Meaning setting xmp or manual settings won't work. However, 2933MHz is universal, as is 3200MHz, so you would have to set xmp then change ram speed to one of those 2 speeds, no worries.

Or it might work right out of the box with 3000MHz, no exact telling.

and if it does work, and gets sent to me with that installed. Do I have to go back in BIOS and change something after I remove the 3000MHz and install my 32000MHz ?

and if it does work, and gets sent to me with that installed. Do I have to go back in BIOS and change something after I remove the 3000MHz and install my 32000MHz ?
I think most likely it will arrive running at 2933MHz...and you will power down and swap memory and I would expect you not to have to do anything else....and the new memory should run at 3200 if all goes well....although memory can be very finicky....which is why I say "should".

TRENDING THREADS