Question 3000mhz ram on ryzen 3 3200g

Dec 25, 2020
i went to AMD website and check the specs of my CPU which is ryzen 3 3200g and it says only up to 2933 system memory specification . My question is can I go above 2933mhz on my ram ? or only 2933 max on xmp profile ? im using 1 stick 8gb ram 3000mhz

Dec 25, 2020
I think that is CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 rather than CKM, but in either case I don't see it -- how fast have you had it running so far?
yeah my bad its CMK its currently running at 2933mhz only not 3000mhz because im new to overclocking when i tried to search my CPU specs on AMD website and it says up to 2933
system memory specification thats why i didn't run it at 3000mhz and ask questions here first .

Dec 25, 2020
and my additional question is can I add same identical ram on my another DIMM slots because i was planning to buy 1 more identical ram. Would it run without problems ? because im a little bit confuse on how ram works. or do i have to buy a 16gb kit (2x8gb)

Dec 26, 2020
and my additional question is can I add same identical ram on my another DIMM slots because i was planning to buy 1 more identical ram. Would it run without problems ? because im a little bit confuse on how ram works. or do i have to buy a 16gb kit (2x8gb)
Hey there. I have those exact same memorys, the cmk8gx4m1c3000c16 but 2 kits, i didnt buy the 2x8gb kit, with a ryzen 3 3200g and an Asus b450m-a2 and the best frecuency that i could put it is 2800MHZ. With that speed and the XMP timings i run memtest and i get no problem. When i put it at 2866MHZ, i can boot and start windows without problem but i get crashes and also if i check with memtest i find errors at that frecuency. If i put it at 2933MHZ wich is the supposed frecuency to support the Ryzen i cant even start, it just reboot in safe mode. One thing that i noted is that for that memory i cant find it in the QVL list from ASUS's page so i think that would be the why i cant get to 2933MHZ. In case that you get an other 1X8gb kit and you try to overclok it tell us what you get please.

Dec 25, 2020
Hey there. I have those exact same memorys, the cmk8gx4m1c3000c16 but 2 kits, i didnt buy the 2x8gb kit, with a ryzen 3 3200g and an Asus b450m-a2 and the best frecuency that i could put it is 2800MHZ. With that speed and the XMP timings i run memtest and i get no problem. When i put it at 2866MHZ, i can boot and start windows without problem but i get crashes and also if i check with memtest i find errors at that frecuency. If i put it at 2933MHZ wich is the supposed frecuency to support the Ryzen i cant even start, it just reboot in safe mode. One thing that i noted is that for that memory i cant find it in the QVL list from ASUS's page so i think that would be the why i cant get to 2933MHZ. In case that you get an other 1X8gb kit and you try to overclok it tell us what you get please.
sure i will post here in my thread when i get it . did you check if they are the same versions ? and did you buy it seperately ?

Dec 26, 2020
i see. i just let you know if i got the ram and run it both on my PC . but for now it seems fine with single stick running 2933mhz .
I have an update. I was reading my motherboard's manual and i just figured that if you are going to intall 2 memorys, ASUS recommends to put them in Dim A2 and Dim B2 and also if you have 1 memory it recommends to put it in Dim B2. I was putting mine in DIM A1 and DIM B1. I just switched them and i cant believe it but it just booted correctly at 2933MHZ, something that i couldn't do before when i had them in A1 and B1. I am actually testing the memorys with memtest and they are working great. I havent had any crash or any error found. So i can confirm you that i have 2 kits of (1x8gb CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 ) running in dual channel at the speed that is supposed to run with this Ryzen 3 3200G and i am not having any trouble. Something that i didnt mention before is that i just saw that in my case when i put de XMP/D.O.C.P mode and i let it all in AUTO, only putting in manual de frecuency to 2933MHZ, the auto mode doesn't set the same timings that are specified in the XMP section from the memory. An example, for the CAS latency (TCL) in automode, with XPM on, it set it to 20 when the memory is supposed to be in 16. So i put the numbers in manual mode just as the SPD/XPM list says in the Bios. Up to now its working great with no problem at all. The only thing that i had to do apart of switching memorys from DIMS is that when you change the memorys, windows do not boot because it doesn't recognize them so i had to reinstall windows. If i get any error or inestability i ll tell you. Hope this helps you

Dec 25, 2020
I have an update. I was reading my motherboard's manual and i just figured that if you are going to intall 2 memorys, ASUS recommends to put them in Dim A2 and Dim B2 and also if you have 1 memory it recommends to put it in Dim B2. I was putting mine in DIM A1 and DIM B1. I just switched them and i cant believe it but it just booted correctly at 2933MHZ, something that i couldn't do before when i had them in A1 and B1. I am actually testing the memorys with memtest and they are working great. I havent had any crash or any error found. So i can confirm you that i have 2 kits of (1x8gb CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 ) running in dual channel at the speed that is supposed to run with this Ryzen 3 3200G and i am not having any trouble. Something that i didnt mention before is that i just saw that in my case when i put de XMP/D.O.C.P mode and i let it all in AUTO, only putting in manual de frecuency to 2933MHZ, the auto mode doesn't set the same timings that are specified in the XMP section from the memory. An example, for the CAS latency (TCL) in automode, with XPM on, it set it to 20 when the memory is supposed to be in 16. So i put the numbers in manual mode just as the SPD/XPM list says in the Bios. Up to now its working great with no problem at all. The only thing that i had to do apart of switching memorys from DIMS is that when you change the memorys, windows do not boot because it doesn't recognize them so i had to reinstall windows. If i get any error or inestability i ll tell you.
Alright. Do you think ryzen 3 3200g can run at 3000mhz ram ? That is my main question

Dec 26, 2020
Alright. Do you think ryzen 3 3200g can run at 3000mhz ram ? That is my main question
i am not an expert in overclocking but if the manufacture says that ryzen3 3200g gets up to 2933Mhz max frecuency, you maybe can go to 3000 Mhz and nothing will happen or maybe it will happen i dont know (there is a tolerance that exists in every measure). In my opinion the diference is not much but also the diference in performance that you ll get it wont be much. I would say that you wont see any big improve in performace from 2933MHZ to 3000MHZ (it's like a 3.3% more of frecuency). If you really want to get more improve staying in the ''secure'' line i would get a better cpu that can handle more frecuency. Also if you overclock your 3000mhz ram over those 3000mhz with a better cpu you ll compromise the ram. I haven't overclocked anything over its manufacture specifaction. But i think that you have to compare the risk against the gain that you ll get of doing it. In my case i ll stay in 2933mhz like i am now. Maybe somone with more experience can tell you how much over those 2933mhz you can get with that cpu.

Dec 25, 2020
i am not an expert in overclocking but if the manufacture says that ryzen3 3200g gets up to 2933Mhz max frecuency, you maybe can go to 3000 Mhz and nothing will happen or maybe it will happen i dont know (there is a tolerance that exists in every measure). In my opinion the diference is not much but also the diference in performance that you ll get it wont be much. I would say that you wont see any big improve in performace from 2933MHZ to 3000MHZ (it's like a 3.3% more of frecuency). If you really want to get more improve staying in the ''secure'' line i would get a better cpu that can handle more frecuency. Also if you overclock your 3000mhz ram over those 3000mhz with a better cpu you ll compromise the ram. I haven't overclocked anything over its manufacture specifaction. But i think that you have to compare the risk against the gain that you ll get of doing it. In my case i ll stay in 2933mhz like i am now. Maybe somone with more experience can tell you how much over those 2933mhz you can get with that cpu.
Hey I forgot to ask what motherboad model are you using?

TRENDING THREADS