300Mbps Multi-Function Wireless N Router TL-WR842ND can i connect my usb adapter 7200 nd in its usb port so does the wifi will

paul18

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
i am worry that can i connect my usb adapter 7200 nd usb into tp link wr 842 wifi usb port?is the internet will work?can i connect directly to the network without on the pc???

Solution
No, you cannot and do not need to attach the USB device to the router.

If you are using Windows 7, you can set up a virtual wifi miniport on the laptop and repeat the wireless for other devices like THIS.

RealBeast

Titan
No, you cannot use the TP-Link wireless adapter in the USB port or a wireless router. Why would you even want to do that? You can already connect to the router wireless without a computer -- i.e. with a phone or tablet, but it does very little if you do not have Internet.

What are you really trying to do?

paul18

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
my tp link 7200nd is working well but it doesnot repeats signal and i want to use wifi on my other devices like mobile and laptop so is it possible to insert usb into wireless router to use wifi internet???

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
That is already a wireless router.

Are you hoping to increase signal strength by adding a USB adapter? Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

It sounds like, though, that you just need to go into the router interface and turn WiFi on.

Or, were you hoping to pick up the internet signal from your internet modem and rebroadcast using the router?