Question 3060 Ti Founders

avenirk9

Reputable
Aug 8, 2018
I just ordered the 3060 ti founders from bestbuy and was wondering if there are any negatives about getting the founders edition. I can’t really seem to find online threads/articles really breaking down the founders technical stuff. Since it comes from nvidia themselves and sold directly from them, are there any differences between the founders and let’s say an MSI version of a 3060 ti? I heard they don’t have as good cooling and get slightly hotter? any info appreciated

avenirk9

Reputable
Aug 8, 2018
The FE cards were actually built better than the AIB partners. I personally thought the implementation of their design(cooling and PCB) was spot on.
Do you have any idea of how it compares to the 2060 super in terms of heat? Since it uses 30+ more watts wouldn’t it create more heat? unless the cooling is much better but i’m not sure how to compare those two since my pc case is glass and gets hot under load with the 2060 i wouldn’t really want to get anything much hotter

Since it uses 30+ more watts wouldn’t it create more heat?
It will.
unless the cooling is much better
Cooling only makes the card itself cold (or not if it is not good), it has nothing to do with amount of heat the card generates outside.
my pc case is glass and gets hot under load with the 2060 i wouldn’t really want to get anything much hotter
I'm afraid it will get hotter, however not by very much. 3060ti is still considered rather mediocre level card as far as heat generation goes.

avenirk9

Reputable
Aug 8, 2018
It will.

Cooling only makes the card itself cold (or not if it is not good), it has nothing to do with amount of heat the card generates outside.

I'm afraid it will get hotter, however not by very much. 3060ti is still considered rather mediocre level card as far as heat generation goes.
So is the 3060 founders a good option to go?