[SOLVED] 3060 Ti fps momentarily drops in intervals across games! Help

Jan 14, 2021
Hi after all the checks I've done I've finally had to post in a thread for help! when playing games I'm randomly getting big fPS drops which seems to happen intermittently, For example ill be playing fortnight I will drop from 240 to 40-70 and straight back up to 240.
In warzone it will be a solid 130-140 and drop to 70-80 and back up. All temps are fine.

GPU-3060ti - Temps super cool
CPU- i7700k Running cool and as normal
SSD- 500GB Samsung evo 850 disk check says 100 percent good health - which is strange as I've had it a good few years now
Toshiba P300 1TB 3.5" SATA III HDD that's old but shouldn't be causing the problem as I have move games to both drives and receive the same problem. My OS is on the SSD
MOUTHERBOARD- Gigabyte Aorus Z270X-Gaming K5
Corsair Vengeance® LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit
Corsair VS Series™ VS650 — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® White

Software checks I have done.
Updated bios
Reset Windows
updated windows
updated drivers

Any advise would be grate im pulling my hair out trying to find the problem.

Solution
Just an update after all the software attempts I'm now moving into looking at hardware. swapped ram to test problem persists, swapped out CPU with my gfs I5 get lower fps in general(now thats a bottleneck) but the sudden drop problem still persists it will just drop lower. I have a new hardrive SSD coming on Monday (not sure why this would be the problem but I'm running low on ideas). If the problem still persists after the SSD installation. I will have narrowed it down to two things the motherboard or the power supply. If you have any ideas on what this could be let me know

download techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ and watch your gpu load on your 2nd screen while your gaming task manager is crap, says my GPU is...

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
3060ti fe here.
I ocasionally get this, but only on cyberpunk. IT usually sits around 45 to 50 fps ( 1440p @ ultra ) and then drops to 35 then back up again.
Not that bad to be fair and it only happens on this game.

Jan 14, 2021
Just an update after all the software attempts I'm now moving into looking at hardware. swapped ram to test problem persists, swapped out CPU with my gfs I5 get lower fps in general(now thats a bottleneck) but the sudden drop problem still persists it will just drop lower. I have a new hardrive SSD coming on Monday (not sure why this would be the problem but I'm running low on ideas). If the problem still persists after the SSD installation. I will have narrowed it down to two things the motherboard or the power supply. If you have any ideas on what this could be let me know

Afro_ninja199

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019

download techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ and watch your gpu load on your 2nd screen while your gaming task manager is crap, says my GPU is using 0% while playing warzone, is your 7700k overclocked? alsi is your ram set to 3000?

Solution