Question 3060 ti performing way below standard

Oct 4, 2022
Hey! I recently bought a 3060 ti to replace my 1060 and not only has my fps stayed the same, I get noticeable frame drops in easy to run games like LoL and CS:GO. I do have the latest drivers installed. I ran UserBenchmark and the results were that my Pc is performing way below expectations.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
GPU: Zotac Gaming Geforce 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC LHR
RAM: 16 GB Hyper X fury 2666MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360 HD3
PSU: Corsair CV650
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB
HDD: WDC WD20EZBX-00AYRA0 2TB
CPU Cooler: dont remember, sorry

Hey there,

Link your UBM results.

First thing first though, get rid of that Corsair CV. They are not designed for modern CPU's/GPU's, and really shouldn't be in any decent gaming rig. It could very well be why your system is underpeforming. Do not OC with that PSU. You could well take out a component.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, how old is the PSU in the spec listed above? As for your GPU, did you remove your prior GPU drivers using DDU before you removed the GTX1060? You're advised to reinstall the latest GPU drivers, sourcing them from Nvidia's support site, installing it in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator.

Oct 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, how old is the PSU in the spec listed above? As for your GPU, did you remove your prior GPU drivers using DDU before you removed the GTX1060? You're advised to reinstall the latest GPU drivers, sourcing them from Nvidia's support site, installing it in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator.

I bought the PSU like two or three months ago because my old one stopped working. No, I didn't delete any drivers before changing the GPUs and I downloaded the 3060 ti drivers from nvidia as soon as I booted up the PC

Lutfij

Titan
I didn't say delete, I said remove(uninstall), there's a difference between the two. Use DDU to uninstall all your drivers but you can't get around the fact that the PSU you have isn't a good one, certainly not the right one for your new GPU.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
UBM results:
1)Way too much cpu background activity(53%). Ideally should be ~10% or less.
2)Over half of system ram was in use. Should be closer to 10GBs free.
3)Turbo clock(average) is the same as the base clock. Suspecting chipset driver not installed, or this isn't a clean install of Windows.
4)C drive too full.