Question 3060 ti underperforming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2021
I have a 3060 ti with a 5600x but I can't get over 110 fps on warzone and I am having trouble running any other application in the background of my games

Nov 17, 2021
Still looks like you have background processes running when running the benchmark?(unless you havnt, in that case I'd give it a scan with malwarebytes.)
Yea I’m not sure why tho Bc on task manager when I start the test it’s at 3 to 5 percent of usage

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021
UBM can give some odd numbers if you have a lot of background stuff running.

The best way to run it is to reboot then wait a few mins and then run UBM with the browser closed.
That’s how I’ve been running the tests and I closed as many background apps and softwares as I could

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd go get CTR 2.1 from guru3d.com. That's part of what you are running into with the cpu. CTR doesn't (unless you want it to) set boosts any higher than normal for Ryzens, what it does is optimize voltages for your particular cpu to get the best performance. UBM sees a standard Ryzen, what you'll have is an optimized Ryzen, not an overclocked Ryzen. It'll considerably lower load temps, which makes for better boosts, lowers temps and gets better boosts, all while retaining stock Ryzen behavior. You'll be getting higher than the 101%. Watch the video several times to setup bios correctly.

Check gpu temps when UBM is testing. If the gpu is throttling or pushing limits, might need a rethink on the airflow to give the gpu more, help it lower the temps, which responds to higher boosts and a better score. And better fps.

Nov 17, 2021
I ran the Kombustor stress test from msi afterburner and never got over 70C so its not temp

And I'm not sure where to find the CTR software

Last edited: