[SOLVED] 3060TI Constant Load Drops Causing FPS Drops

Feb 5, 2021
System Specs:

i9-9900K
Asus 3060ti
Corsair Vengeance rgb pro 16GB 3200MHz
ASRock Z390Pro4

Hi all,

Please bare with me as I'm new to this forum and also PC building in general.

The Issue:
I've owned the 3060ti since late November and saw no issues until I added the new CPU then started seeing tearing and my FPS going from 400+ to 40 in an instant. Now it would make sense if I was playing graphicly intensive games but no, I play Valorant.
Just slowly moving my mouse on an X-axis causes my FPS to stager significantly and it has been driving me crazy. As I view my system stats my GPU load goes from 60-80% right down to 8-4% then climbs back up slowly just to do it again every time I do as I said.

What I've Done to Try and Solve the Problem:
I reverted my driver on my GPU back to 457.51 by wiping my GPU with an uninstaller and also I played around in MSI afterburner tweaking settings to see if anything would help.

Honestly any response to help would be amazing at this point because I'm at a dead end.

Thank you!

Jan 19, 2021
Could be a CPU bottleneck but that's not possible with the beast of a processor that you have. Are your components properly cooled ? Have you tested your card with benchmarks like 3DMark, UserBenchmark and GPU-Z ?

Feb 5, 2021
Could be a CPU bottleneck but that's not possible with the beast of a processor that you have. Are your components properly cooled ? Have you tested your card with benchmarks like 3DMark, UserBenchmark and GPU-Z ?
As I look into it more intensively this could be the issue as I tested other games and the pc is fine. I have a Corsair 240mm AIO and temps on the CPU never get above 55 and the GPU is always around 60-66.

I have the Base clock on the CPU and GPU as well.

Userbenchmark said my CPU and GPU were performing as intended not noting any issues.