Question 3060ti fan issues.

Jun 3, 2023
My GPU, after the most recent round of nvidia updates, has decide to begin doing.. this
B20g7ks.png

Fan 1 (which I recently replaced due to the motor failing) was fine for the past 2 months, but has began to flicker on and then off every few seconds. I've also had a set of GPU driver (i think) related bluescreens.
0x1000007e & then 0x0000001e 10 hours later on the 31st,
0x0000013a & another 0x0000013a about 14 hours apart on the 2nd,
and then on the 3rd, another 0x1000007e at 3am.
Not sure what's happening, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Jun 3, 2023
Could have a look here. If you are keeping the card maybe some aftermarket fans might be in order?

View: https://youtu.be/-yQHAMz1v5g
Hi! perhaps, I plan on swapping the fans in my card tomorrow to see if the issue is the fan itself, or some other control thing. The fan that's having the issues currently is brand new, basically. My only issue with slotting in a case fan is that I don't have enough connectors on my motherboard for one, though i do have a spare.

Im also worried that if this is a software/driver thing, a new card won't fix it.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My GPU, after the most recent round of nvidia updates, has decide to begin doing.. this
B20g7ks.png

Fan 1 (which I recently replaced due to the motor failing) was fine for the past 2 months, but has began to flicker on and then off every few seconds. I've also had a set of GPU driver (i think) related bluescreens.
0x1000007e & then 0x0000001e 10 hours later on the 31st,
0x0000013a & another 0x0000013a about 14 hours apart on the 2nd,
and then on the 3rd, another 0x1000007e at 3am.
Not sure what's happening, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!
If it's still in warranty time to send it in again!!!!!!!!!

Look at the fan when it's reading 0 RPM if it's turning then probably a sensor problem.

Jun 3, 2023
If it's still in warranty time to send it in again!!!!!!!!!

Look at the fan when it's reading 0 RPM if it's turning then probably a sensor problem.
The fan does actually start & stop in-line with the sensors, unfortunately.
Additionally, I'm pretty sure I voided the warranty by replacing the original fan. The little sticker on the screw got pretty mangled.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The fan does actually start & stop in-line with the sensors, unfortunately.
Additionally, I'm pretty sure I voided the warranty by replacing the original fan. The little sticker on the screw got pretty mangled.
Sorry didn't see this
Fan 1 (which I recently replaced due to the motor failing)
Should of replaced under warranty now it's on you depending on where you live different countries have different warrant rules.

Jun 3, 2023
Sorry didn't see this
Fan 1 (which I recently replaced due to the motor failing)
Should of replaced under warranty now it's on you depending on where you live different countries have different warrant rules.
mistakes happen, but, I agree!
oddly, today, the fan is back to normal, so it was definitely a software issue. Still not certain what, but, at least it doesn't seem to be a broken GPU!

Jun 3, 2023
BScSNoZ.png

And, now it's decided to go back down .. just at random. Didn't launch anything new, etc.

Jun 3, 2023
Have you tried MSI Afterburner to see if you can force it to run?
That's what I'm currently using for fan control, my thought is that it may be fighting another program, but I've no other programs installed that do fan control, unless Nvidia Control Panel itself is doing it.
After it went down like this, it went back up for another hour or so, and now it's back to starting and stopping every few moments.