Question 3060Ti Galax installation and Registration

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dimebag11

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
I just bought a GALAX Nvidia 3060 Ti 8gb. I have two monitors. The main one is connected via a DISPLAY PORT to HDMI cable and the second monitor is connected via a HDMI to HDMI cable. My OS is Windows 8.1. ASUS ROG Rampage IV black edition .

Here are my issues :
  • Only the main monitor shows up. The second monitor is not recognized. Generic non PNP monitor driver is installed.
  • The graphics card is not even recognized. Display driver only shows microsoft basic.
  • No registration page for GALAX and I need this to register for warranty
  • When I try to search for NVIDIA drivers no drivers show up at all.

Can anyone please help. Thank you.

dimebag11

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
Thank you for all the help guys. So this was a pretty straightforward and painless install.

Just created a iso from the microsoft website itself and installed it on my 1TB SSD. Seems like it took care of the essentials all by itself. I did no BIOS reinstall or flashing.

Downloaded the Studio driver for the 3060 Ti and installed that too.

The only thing left to solve is how to register for my warranty from GALAX. They have no registration form on their website. I emailed their support but no response so far. Anyone encounter this problem?

Last edited:
The only thing left to solve is how to register for my warranty from GALAX. They have no registration form on their website. I emailed their support but no response so far. Anyone encounter this problem?
you dont need to, warranty goes from purchase day, u just need to keep invoice around

https://www.galax.com/en/support here click on warranty terms

just a thing to note:
What is not covered by Galax Limited Warranty:
Products purchased from unauthorized resellers or dealers, which include, without limitation, online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, and other online auction and/or marketplace websites. If you are unsure of whether a reseller is an Authorized Reseller, please contact GALAX for confirmation.

Warranty coverage requires proof of purchase documentation evidencing the date of purchase (sales receipt or invoice), place of purchase, purchase price, item number or ID, and original packaging and accessories. To obtain warranty service during the warranty period, contact the local reseller / distributor.

Warranty applies to purchased products from authorized resellers

dimebag11

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
you dont need to, warranty goes from purchase day, u just need to keep invoice around

https://www.galax.com/en/support here click on warranty terms

just a thing to note:

Yeah I just got that from my dealer. But this was not what he told me during the purchase.

His exact words were : "register on their website. You will have access to 3 years warranty. If you wait 6-7 months and pay a miniscule fee you can extend it by another 2"

Called him to ask him this and he says I got confused and he was talking about ZOTAC 😕 when ZOTAC never even came up in the conversation!! . I guess he just wanted to make a sale happen.

Anyways thank you for your reply. Atleast I know hes not lying about using the invoice to get it repaired incase of any issues.