Question 3060ti Gpu no display

Jul 14, 2023
I put a new gpu in my Pc and I can’t get it to display. I went from a 1660 to a 3060 ti but the 3060 ti will not display. I upgraded the psu as well to an 850w so I’m assuming power is not the problem, the 1660 works on the new power supply but the 3060 does not work at all. I am going absolutely nuts trying to figure out what is wrong with this Gpu and need help badly
Thanks.
Specs:
CPU: i5 -10600k
PSU : Msi 850w 80+
Mobo: gigabyte z590
Ram: 32gb Corsair ddr4 2666
GPU: Msi 1660 gtx to MSi 3060 ti

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Was 3060ti bought new?

Check card is seating properly. If it's a longer card check nothing is elevating it from slot. If it's seating properly then you're going to need the graphics card tested in another machine to determine if it's faulty. There's nothing special required here so most likely something is wrong with it.

Jul 14, 2023
Was 3060ti bought new?

Check card is seating properly. If it's a longer card check nothing is elevating it from slot. If it's seating properly then you're going to need the graphics card tested in another machine to determine if it's faulty. There's nothing special required here so most likely something is wrong with it.
Yes it was bought new from Amazon, I’m thinking there probably is something wrong sadly I don’t have another machine to test it in that is nearby

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Just in case it is power related, your 3060 ti requires 6 and 8pin? Check both are plugged into the psu. Perhaps the cable 1660 used is plugged in but maybe not the other.

Jul 14, 2023
Just in case it is power related, your 3060 ti requires 6 and 8pin? Check both are plugged into the psu. Perhaps the cable 1660 used is plugged in but maybe not the other.
I’m pretty sure it’s two 8 pins I’ve tried just about every combination with those two 8 pins also

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure what you mean by combination, there's only two and they only go one way. I meant to check pcie power plug is inserted properly to psu end, assuming your psu is modular.

Jul 14, 2023
Not sure what you mean by combination, there's only two and they only go one way. I meant to check pcie power plug is inserted properly to psu end, assuming your psu is modular.
The psu is modular and there are two different pcie cables both with two connections and I’ve tried to connect them in various ways there is also a 16 pin connector to pcie for larger Gpus that I tried that isn’t working