[SOLVED] 3070 and 3080 leaked

Solution
[Monotone]Yay, leaks...

No way Nvidia's going to put 16 and 20GB of Vram on their mainstream graphics cards as that's going to make them more competitive with their Quadro and Titan cash cows.
So the 16 and 20 must be for the latter. If by some crazy chance that's not the case, then they'll have almost doubled the Vram on the upcoming professional cards.

But all that just equals to higher price premiums. Memory is going back up(price) too - thanks Samsung.
The RX 480/580 is still good. As you know I ordered the 1660 super. I previously had a Vega 56 that I'd sold to pay some bills. Was using a 580, but that was just a good step down from the Vega. Hence me getting the 1660 super. Plus my monitor is 144 hz. I guess I'm just spoiled to that. I will say once you go to 144hz and you get used to that performance level, it's hard to go back.

However, if I were someone coming from a 1050ti for example or lower, the 480/580 would seem like beast cards.

HWOC

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
My rule of thumb for GPU changes these days is that I want at least 2x performance from the new GPU compared to my old one, in my favorite games. At the moment running a GTX 1060 6 GB, when I can get 2 x performance for about 250 bucks, then I'll change.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
[Monotone]Yay, leaks...

No way Nvidia's going to put 16 and 20GB of Vram on their mainstream graphics cards as that's going to make them more competitive with their Quadro and Titan cash cows.
So the 16 and 20 must be for the latter. If by some crazy chance that's not the case, then they'll have almost doubled the Vram on the upcoming professional cards.

But all that just equals to higher price premiums. Memory is going back up(price) too - thanks Samsung.

Solution