[SOLVED] 3070 battle, ROG Strix vs Aorus Master

Mar 23, 2021
Got an aorus a few days ago but unfortunately the box had no seals and the plastic cover of the gpu felt kinda loose, as if someone put it in place instead of factory new

The store is offering a refund, or a swap with the same model.

My eyes were set first on the strix since it would match my Strix board.

In comparison which one of these cards would perform better. Sure, the lcd screen on the Aorus is a nice touch but for the life of me I can't get rgbfusion to work properly

Solution
They're both 3070 so the fps will pretty much be the same. The strix doesn't go past 63 degrees in all the reviews i saw, i dunno about the aorus.

As far as i understand you were giving a choice to get a different model from the get go. Not that you would have to wait extra time for it. If that is the case keep the aorus? I mean i assume you spent at least 1.5k Eu or dollars, and it wouldn't sit pretty well with me having a defective looking card with a sh*t software on top of that. But that's just me.

As i said, the performance gain in terms of fps will be negligible. The strix has better build quality and cooling system for sure. Plus I'm not hearing good things about gigabyte as of late in terms of customer service and rma
Mar 23, 2021
The strix is def the better model. Pretty much the best air cooled cards nvidia can offer.
Far better or just a tad little? Don't really wanna go through the hassle of returning my card

Sure I can get the refund and maybe wait it out a bit so prices drop but who knows whats in store in a few months. For all we know prices could increase again and stock disappear.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
They're both 3070 so the fps will pretty much be the same. The strix doesn't go past 63 degrees in all the reviews i saw, i dunno about the aorus.

As far as i understand you were giving a choice to get a different model from the get go. Not that you would have to wait extra time for it. If that is the case keep the aorus? I mean i assume you spent at least 1.5k Eu or dollars, and it wouldn't sit pretty well with me having a defective looking card with a sh*t software on top of that. But that's just me.

As i said, the performance gain in terms of fps will be negligible. The strix has better build quality and cooling system for sure. Plus I'm not hearing good things about gigabyte as of late in terms of customer service and rma

Solution
Mar 23, 2021
Card runs fine and it wasn't defective at all its just the box came unsealed and the store offered a replacement for another aorus or a refund

But yeah my only complaint is the fact that I can't set up the rgb and the lcd screen. Other than that is doing just fine

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Oh you meant the plastic IN THE BOX lmao. I thought you were talking about the gpu plastic shroud itself lol. Then yeah, wtf, just keep it lmao. Im sorry, but how is this even an issue? xD

If it works as it's supposed to, who cares really. Especially in the current market.

Reactions: UCantKILLmyRock91
Mar 23, 2021
Oh you meant the plastic IN THE BOX lmao. I thought you were talking about the gpu plastic shroud itself lol. Then yeah, wtf, just keep it lmao. Im sorry, but how is this even an issue? xD

If it works as it's supposed to, who cares really. Especially in the current market.

Thing is, I paid quite a bit for it but prices are steadily dropping now and stock is increasing. Its a matter of time before they come back at msrp or near that.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
And? You said yourself, the card is supposed to work how it is. The only thing is the rgb fusion which is most likely not due to the card (no offense).

If that is that big of a deal breaker for you, swap it, if not keep enjoy your 3070.

TRENDING THREADS