[SOLVED] 3070 display issue

Jan 18, 2021
Replaced my RX580 with a RTX 3070 a few days ago everything ran good, just yesterday i replaced my CPU cooler and now when i restart my PC a white light is showing on my motherboard which indicates a VGA problem and the display doesn’t work unless i reset the battery on my motherboard and restart the computer again I don’t understand how this is possible due to my card being so new. Could i be drawing to much power since adding the CPU cooler or what could this be ?

specs
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus Dual OC RTX 3070
16 GB Corsair Ram 3000 MHZ
Asus b450f motherboard
Corsair 750 Psu

Solution
Hi, for one, may I suggest an upgrade with your CPU? the 2600 will bottleneck a 3070 hardcore. I suggest a Ryzen 5 3600 or if you can spare the money and wait a little while longer for stock, the Ryzen 5 5600x.

Okay, that out of the way, the white LED on your MOB indicates that there is power to the Motherboard but no VGA. This means that it is not picking up that you have a graphics card installed. I would suggest reconnecting the 3070 and checking the pins. Maybe even using another pcie slot if you have one? Let us know how it goes
Jan 18, 2021
Hi, for one, may I suggest an upgrade with your CPU? the 2600 will bottleneck a 3070 hardcore. I suggest a Ryzen 5 3600 or if you can spare the money and wait a little while longer for stock, the Ryzen 5 5600x.

Okay, that out of the way, the white LED on your MOB indicates that there is power to the Motherboard but no VGA. This means that it is not picking up that you have a graphics card installed. I would suggest reconnecting the 3070 and checking the pins. Maybe even using another pcie slot if you have one? Let us know how it goes

Reactions: Gooodbread
Solution
I have had issues with power delivery on high power consumption NVIDIA GPUs due to modular connectors. My problem turned out to be strain on a modular connector next to the power supply. The torque from bending the cable sharply next to the PSU was unseating it.

The other thing to do is look closely to see if the auxiliary pins are bent.