Question 3070 looks blurry/washed in games

Sep 23, 2021
Hello,

I just bough a new asus dual rtx 3070 8gb - v2 and every game I play looks extremely blurry/washed. I tried all the possible settings and I couldnt find the solution.

Things I've tried:
  • Used DDU to remove all drivers in safe mode
  • Installed newest gpu driver
  • Reinstalled windows
  • Set image sharpening in nvidia on (both options turned all the way up)

Nothing really helped. I'm getting 65-75 fps in red dead online on all high settings.

I also tried warzone, every single option (with Anti-aliasing on/off on different settings). I even changed my render resolution to 200 in warzone and the game does look better, but its still extremely blurry. On 100 render resolution its pretty much unplayable.

My Specs:
  • Ryzen 7 2700
  • Asus prime b450m-k
  • Asus Dual 3070 8gb
  • Hyperx Predator 2 x 8gb @ 3200 mhz
  • Corsair hx850i

Monitor - AOC 24g2u - 144hz

I had rx 580 before I switched and the game looked about 100x better on that card. Everything was way sharper and not so blurry/washed.

Seems like a similar issue this member had - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/vulkan-and-dx12-blurriness-in-rtx-3060.3702559/

It does seem like objects in the disctance are rendering at different resolution and it makes it look extremely blurry/washed.

Should I try installing an older version of the driver?

Any solutions?

Much appreciated

Hello,

I just bough a new asus dual rtx 3070 8gb - v2 and every game I play looks extremely blurry/washed. I tried all the possible settings and I couldnt find the solution.

Things I've tried:
  • Used DDU to remove all drivers in safe mode
  • Installed newest gpu driver
  • Reinstalled windows
  • Set image sharpening in nvidia on (both options turned all the way up)
Nothing really helped. I'm getting 65-75 fps in red dead online on all high settings.

I also tried warzone, every single option (with Anti-aliasing on/off on different settings). I even changed my render resolution to 200 in warzone and the game does look better, but its still extremely blurry. On 100 render resolution its pretty much unplayable.

My Specs:
  • Ryzen 7 2700
  • Asus prime b450m-k
  • Asus Dual 3070 8gb
  • Hyperx Predator 2 x 8gb @ 3200 mhz
  • Corsair hx850i
Monitor - AOC 24g2u - 144hz

I had rx 580 before I switched and the game looked about 100x better on that card. Everything was way sharper and not so blurry/washed.

Seems like a similar issue this member had - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/vulkan-and-dx12-blurriness-in-rtx-3060.3702559/

It does seem like objects in the disctance are rendering at different resolution and it makes it look extremely blurry/washed.

Should I try installing an older version of the driver?

Any solutions?

Much appreciated
What are you full system speccs I would assume if you have tried everything else maybe to weak of a psu

Sep 23, 2021
you would have to post images of what you consider "blurry/washed".
and offer something from the same game at the same resolution & settings from another system to compare it to that doesn't appear that way.

I'll make some screenshots and post them here. Thank you

What are you full system speccs I would assume if you have tried everything else maybe to weak of a psu

I did post my full specs. I highly doubt its psu though, as I believe this is a good one.

If there's not enough power or psu is week, would the gpu work at less %? or it just shows up blurry. is there a way to test that

Sep 23, 2021
Don't see any screenshots. Hard to tell, what you're considering "blurry", without any images.
Could be perfectly fine.

Generally - you have to use resolution, that is native to your screen.
Any not native resolution will look blurry. That's how LCDs work.

Here's a screenshot
unknown.png

unknown.png

Sep 23, 2021
Image is perfectly fine. I don't see any blurriness. Normal 1080p image.

May be you can make a photo with your phone instead.

Really? I can definitely see it being blurry even on my pc. Not the building to the left or right side of it, but look straight ahead where the trees are, all the trees look blurry and not sharp at all.

Jun 27, 2021
It could be your monitor settings as the images look fine on my 1440p monitor.

Also check you don't have DLSS on. That affects image quality in favor of FPS.

i see nothing regarding image distortion or extra "blurriness" anywhere.
looks just the way this game should.

while there is sharpening and other technologies to somewhat enhance the image
your graphics card cannot totally rework a game to make it have better graphics than it's built with.

Sep 23, 2021
i see nothing regarding image distortion or extra "blurriness" anywhere.
looks just the way this game should.

while there is sharpening and other technologies to somewhat enhance the image
your graphics card cannot totally rework a game to make it have better graphics than it's built with.

Yeah I understand that. But i had rx 580 - 8gb up until two days ago, which is significantly worse than 3070, like not even the same league, and the image was waaay shaper and the game looked better on rx 580

Yeah I understand that. But i had rx 580 - 8gb up until two days ago, which is significantly worse than 3070, like not even the same league, and the image was waaay shaper and the game looked better on rx 580
May be you used a different video cable for one card and different for the other?
For example DP cable for one card and VGA cable for the other. Or some extra video signal adapter/converter?

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021
May be you used a different video cable for one card and different for the other?
For example DP cable for one card and VGA cable for the other. Or some extra video signal adapter/converter?

Unfortunately no, i have used the same monitor, same dp cable. I have also tried using 3070 with hdmi cable, same issue. so my guess is that its not really a cable problem