Question 3070 Low FPS

Feb 28, 2021
Hello. I just got a NVIDIA Geforce 3070 a few weeks ago and it seems to be underperforming. I'll run games like Fortnite and it'll recommend that my optimal settings be set to low. If i start adjusting it the games FPS start dropping pretty bad. But when it is set to low, I'll be able to get like 130fps and drops as low as 30fps. I also play FFXIV and it does let me max out the settings for this game but I'll get capped at 80-100 fps. My GPU utilization and my CPU utilization are never too high either. Usually in the 30-50%.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070
MoBo : B450 Tomahawk
Monitor: VG278Q. 1080p 144hz
Ram: 16gb
PSU : 650w

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard, the OS version your platform is on and the frequency for the rams on your build? Additionally, the version for your GPU's drivers? Use DDU to uninstall your drivers and reinstall with the latest off of Nvidia's support site.

Feb 28, 2021
Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard, the OS version your platform is on and the frequency for the rams on your build? Additionally, the version for your GPU's drivers? Use DDU to uninstall your drivers and reinstall with the latest off of Nvidia's support site.
Evga Supernova 650w. I just got it last year. Just updated bios a few days ago. 7C02v1H3(Beta version) - 2021-02-01 . I'm running Windows 10. Ram frequency is at 1066MHz. I updated my drivers using GeForce experience. Says it is at its current driver. Version 461.72. When I installed my drivers for my GPU I did a clean wipe on my whole computer and then installed the drivers.

TRENDING THREADS